3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A day rattling black tails.  (Read 114 times)

Offline BryanB

• Trad Bowhunter
A day rattling black tails.
« on: November 24, 2007, 11:35:00 PM »
Two weeks ago I scouted the property I was going to hunt yesterday.  I was happy to report to Gordon that I had found 22 turkeys and 15 deer. We started our hike to the hunting spot about an hour before first light.  The air was crisp and everything looked like frosted glass.  Owls called to us as we picked our way through the woods.  We were headed to a forest edge wich bordered a long forgotten homestead apple orchard.  I had met one of the original families in the area and they were able to give me very rought direcions.  It took several years, but the orchard eventually gave up her location.  Durring the spring turkey season we scouted the area and found a perfect apple wood branch.  The stave was long enough to make two fine self bows.  Both Gordon and I planned on building bows and hunting deer from the same orchard.  Well, elk season took up lots of time and neither of us managed to get the bows built.  

The wealther was perfect, the wind dead calm, and pleanty of fruit scattered the orchard.  Fresh tracks and trials were abundant and all was ready for some testosterone filled bucks to come to our rattling and grunts.  

Unfortunately, not one deer or turkey decided to show this day.  Although not one arrow was launched at a living creature, it was a wonderful day in the hunting woods.  A day chasing wild game with self bows and a good fiend simply can't be beat.  

Here are few pictures.

Bryan

What deer wouldn't love to hang out here?

Gordon doing his best to blend in and bring some bucks to a fight.

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: A day rattling black tails.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 07:09:00 AM »
Cool! Nice pics.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow