Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Back in the game  (Read 1005 times)

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
Back in the game
« on: July 22, 2017, 05:20:00 PM »
I've taken a super long vacation from shooting and anything trad. I was burned out over it. It stopped being fun and it jut seemed to have lost it's appeal to me. Came awful close to packing it in and selling all of my equipment. But thankfully the passion returned.
So enough about that, new things I am working on and I'm getting the results I want. First off, the string hand is a hook. The less tension in my and the sweater the release and anchor. Hand tension has killed me in the past, really messing my shot up. Also combined with a rotational draw and getting to anchor is childs play.
As for aiming, I'm just keeping it simple, focus on the spot and keep the focus till the arrow hits home.
Last part, I seem to be doing much better with a slight cant, helps with the on the spot focus.
Well that is it, hoping to keep shooting well, don't plan on changing a thing, and happy to be back with the gang.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Back in the game
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 05:41:00 PM »
We all need a "reboot" from time to time.   :knothead:    :D    :D

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Offline Sirius Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 06:51:00 PM »
I've thought of giving up traditional, MANY times. But I'm still here, and at it, glad to see you are too.    :thumbsup:
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 10:29:00 AM »
I think all of us tend to get a bit burned out sometimes. Some stop shooting altogether, while others persevere. Taking a break is fine, and I am glad you came back to the game.

Some will disagree, but I don't find archery the most compelling aspect of my life. In the heat of summer with the heat index around 100 degrees, I stay in the house a lot. So, I take a break every year, going for a couple of months with relatively little activity. In July, though, I endure the heat to begin tuning up for September

The crucial thing is to make certain that archery remains fun.
Sam

Offline Twostrings2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 09:46:00 AM »
The isolated details of archery can burn you to a cinder of your former self.  Do them, don't think them.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©