Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Clicker Question  (Read 1259 times)

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
Clicker Question
« on: July 29, 2017, 03:40:00 PM »
I installed a clicker I've had for some time, I believe it's called a Clickety Klick. It seemed to work well at first, but now I don't hear it click while pulling back to anchor. Instead, if I let down, ever so slightly, then it clicks. This is reeking havoc with my rhythm and concentration. Is there such a thing as a defective clicker ? I mean it seems like too simple a devise to be defective.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Clicker Question
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 04:26:00 PM »
You should be able to pull on the string with your hand and get it to click.  If it won't, then it must be defective.  If you can make it click by pulling with your hand, then it must have gotten out of adjustment and you'll need to readjust the string length until it clicks when you pull the bow.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 04:56:00 PM »
I did try that. It barely made a sound. But, when I let the string down a bit, it clicked. I'll get a new one and start over. Thanks.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 05:15:00 PM »
They click loud enough to hear easily if they're working properly. I'm half deaf and I've never had any problem hearing it.  The thing I wonder about is how people get away with it when they're hunting.  I've had deer spook by the sound of me nocking an arrow, although now I've learned how to nock an arrow without making a sound.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Shane H

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 09:02:00 AM »
Ive been hunting with one about 10 years now. I just pad the metal with velcro to dampen the click. no issues with spooking animals. and of course get rid of the adjustment chain and use just string.

Offline YosemiteSam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 12:38:00 PM »
Take it apart.  The steel clicker works if you just bend it by hand.  Check to make sure it's on the right way.  I've installed them backwards by accident a few times.
"A good hunter...that's somebody the animals COME to."
"Every animal knows way more than you do." -- by a Koyukon hunter, as quoted by R. Nelson.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©