Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Plunger adjustment  (Read 1126 times)

Online stevem

• Trad Bowhunter
Plunger adjustment
« on: August 09, 2017, 11:33:00 PM »
I felt my arrow flight could be better, and invested in an adjustable plunger.  So far I haven't seen differences in arrow flight with moving the outer tip in and out. Here is my question- Should the arrow center line be inline with the bow limb center line, or should be arrow be a little left of bow limb center line (right handed shooter)?  I believe the arrow should be a little left of center, creating a little paradox.  If you have experience in adjusting the plunger and care to share I appreciate it.
"What was big was not the fish, but the chance.  What was full was not the creel, but the memory" - Aldo Leopold   "Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement"- Will Rogers

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Plunger adjustment
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 07:52:00 AM »
Bow at brace height, nock your arrow then visually line up the string with the center line of the bow.  In this position, the right side of the arrow point should appear to be to the left of the string.  This is for a right handed bow.  You'll need to find a way to hold the bow (lean it against something) so you can "eyeball" the alignment and see what the arrow point relation to the string is.

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Offline atatarpm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 10:08:00 PM »
Eyeball it as well as you can then take the spring out and replace it with a piece of match so that the plunger can not move. From this point you need to shoot arrows. (3 at a time) Chase the arrows by moving the plunger in or out. Once you are satifided that you are close to in line with were the arrows are hitting; remove the match and replace it with one of the springs that came with the plunger. At this point you are starting the fine tuning by making the the plunger stiffer you make the arrow act stiffer by making the plunger softer you make the arrow weaker.
Atatarpm   "Traditional Archery is a mastery of one's self ; not of things."
71# Qarbon Nano
67# T2 Blacktail
85lbs Bama
100lbs Bama
60lbs Big D's Long Bow

Online stevem

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 11:23:00 PM »
Thanks, both.  I tried moebow's suggestion and had instant good results.
"What was big was not the fish, but the chance.  What was full was not the creel, but the memory" - Aldo Leopold   "Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement"- Will Rogers

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 01:39:00 PM »
Check out this video also.

Offline kenneth butler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 05:03:00 PM »
Just a note. This adjustment is for right hand and finger shooting. >>>----> Ken

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©