3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: **Acadian Woods** Need some help deciding on a riser wood to go with black glass!!  (Read 651 times)

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
I have ordered a black glass Kemph little grizzly flat bow whith Black dymondwood riser it should be a sharp bow Black on Black
Gord

Offline Brandon Stahl

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
Another beautiful creation there Brandon. Your bows are certainly works of art!
hunt it

Offline Brandon Stahl

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”

This is a pic of my 56" MadDog longbow.  It is zebrawood with boo core and black glass.  I love it.  Was hard for me to go with black.  I love the wood grain look.  But you just can not beat the performance of boo with black glass.  I love this little bow.  A custom under $200, can't beat it.
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline Mike Burch

• Trad Bowhunter
Very nice looking bow Brandon.

Hmmmm. How bout charcoal dymondwood with wenge insert in the center?

Offline Bucksnort101

• Trad Bowhunter
Bumblebee Dymondwood with Black Glass looks kinda cool. Not for everyone, but it looks nice IMHO.

Offline Mike Burch

• Trad Bowhunter
Bumblebee Dymondwood?? Never seen that.

T^T^T- one last time to see if there maybe a couple of more pictures of different riser woods and black glass limbs.

Mike   :campfire:

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
I believe pretty much any wood would go with the black glass limbs. Below is a pic of my Adcock with Gaboon Ebony and Black Glass Limbs (I also have a HH with the same combo):

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
Raw Hide-I know G & M archery had a bumblebee bow made by Kota on their web-site.  It is a looker.  Not sure if it is still up, but worth a look.
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
Might want to call about that diamond wood.  I ordered a bow last month and he said that he did not like to use it.  I went with Wenge and a Bacote stripe with Bacote vineers over bamboo.
Brant
"I'm the proud son of a Vietnam Vet and proud to be Made in America!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©