3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: PA bear update.  (Read 287 times)

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
PA bear update.
« on: November 25, 2007, 07:14:00 PM »
Well, now that I'm looking for the bears, I of course see plenty of deer. I'm sure that will change tomorrow since it is  opening day of rifle season. I have had one bear offer me a shot. Though this is my first time bear hunting, I passed on this one. It was kind of small and was not the one I really want to take. It felt good coming to full draw on the bear knowing I could have the shot if I wanted. I still have some time, so I'm keeping high hopes. Starting this week, I will be hunting a section of land about 100 acres all to my self. Hope the rest of you PA guys are enjoying the woods.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: PA bear update.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 07:19:00 PM »
good luck and take pictures! counting coup on a bear  has to be an awesome experiance!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Chisler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 07:36:00 PM »
Looking forward to hearing more Jerry.  PA game commission has not made any announcements about archery bear harvest from last week, or 1 1/2 wks ago.  FYI for those who don't know: PA had its first archery bear season in 2006, it's two days, Thu and Fri the week before Thanksgiving, I think.  Baiting is not allowed.  I think archers tagged about 80 bears in PA in 2006 - I thought that was a big number.  Avg. total bear harvest over the last 8-10 yrs is about 3,000.

Good luck Jerry!!

Offline Seeking Trad Deer

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »
Hunted Pike County on Wednesday with a party of three.  I was carrying a 30.06.  No bear but it was a nice day nonetheless.
The Lord is my Shepherd

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 07:45:00 AM »
I want to take a bear with my shrew...maybe next year I can get a PA Trad ganger to help me...

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 12:18:00 PM »
Hey seeking trad deer. I think Pike is zone 3d and that is not open yet is it?
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 12:22:00 PM »
better check the seasons, don't want any one getting in trouble.
 http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=460&q=161003

Offline Chisler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 11:20:00 PM »
Any  updates to the "PA Bear Update"?  I would love to hear how any   of the bowhunters did during the archery only season.

Offline ks_stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 12:43:00 AM »
I've been wanting to come up there and give ya'lls bears a go. I've got quite a bit of family around the Pittburgh area actualy north of pitt in wexford/gibsonia.

Honestly i have never seen a bear in the wild, and am a bit intimedated doing it alone. Maybe next year the they'll drop and I'll get out there.

Good luck ya'll bear hunting I'm sure will make the hair on the back of my neck stand up just thinking about it!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©