3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Matlock predator X  (Read 990 times)

Offline BONES in Virginia

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Matlock predator X
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2007, 01:23:00 PM »
I recieved my predator After Bill's stroke.I had it on order and in the middle of my wait time Bill had the stroke.He had a fellow come in a help him finish up but in the middle of my bow the guy quit.Val e-mailed me and offered my money back or I could continue to wait untill bill was able to complete my bow.i chose to wait and I got my bow some time later.The finish is a little rougher than most of his bows but the fact that he was even able to do it was a testament to him.I hope to seem him making bows again some day,mine sure is a shooter.

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2007, 03:54:00 PM »
The email I had for Val is no longer good.   Last I talked to her was 2003, that I can tell anyways.  Let me know if Bill has it or not.

Offline Trout Guide

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »
The last I heard Bill and Val had moved to the Farmington, NM area. I checked the Farmington phone book and there is a William Matlock listed at 505-632-3400. I also have two of his bows and love them. Ronda, what are the specs on your lefty? I might be interested.
Rick
John 3:16

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »
If the new Schafer 3pc longbow feels as good as it looks, I will have a Matlock Predator up for sale, shortly...............Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Offline JBiorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »
That Cobra skin is PRETTY

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »
Matlock fan here. (I've got his tuning book).
To me his bows are like "muscle cars", not much for eye candy (Tippit's bow is an exception) but they smoke an arrow.

1. Predator X2
2. Predator X2 Carbon- I sold it because it was too heavy for me.
3. Predator Classic (Straight limbed, Hill-style bow).
4. Predator X2 He made for his wife, now ex. I bought it from her. For a 32# bow it burns an arrow. It has a unique riser:

the other side:

Offline T. Downing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2007, 10:17:00 PM »
Here are some pics of Matlocks I promised a while back. The bows are a 63lbs, 57lbs, and 50.5lbs. I love them all. Fine bows. T

Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
Psalm 127 4-5

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2007, 10:37:00 AM »
Does anyone know if the Matlocks still make/sell their special hollow-tailed arrows?  When they still had their website I read the explanation of why theses arrows were suppose to perform so well and it seemed to make sense. Bill also had his own custom designed fletching on the arrows, different but very cool looking.
I have one of their arrow straightening tools and it works pretty good, also have their tuning guide - a lot of good info.
Burnsie
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©