INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: teriyaki marinade  (Read 1222 times)

Offline sam barrett

• Trad Bowhunter
teriyaki marinade
« on: April 04, 2007, 06:04:00 PM »
Have you guys ever been to a fair or carnival and had the teriyaki chicken on a stick.  I love teriyaki but need a good marinade that really sticks to the meat and really soaks in.  Any recipes?
                          Thanks, Sam

Offline sam barrett

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: teriyaki marinade
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 06:06:00 PM »
Sorry, I didn't see the teriyaki post already on here.  Any other recipes would be appreciated.
                          thanks

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 06:07:00 PM »
Add the meat and marinade to a vacuum sealer bag, then put it on the machine.  The marinade will really get into the meat fibers.

I like a one to one ratio of worcestershire sauce and teriyaki sauce, with some minced garlic and ginger added.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline Daniel Hugelier

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »
Here's a trick I learned from a Hawaiian Chef a long time ago.

Put a cup of good quality soy sauce in a small sauce pan. Add enough sugar so the soy dosen't taste salty any longer.

As Al Dente said, grate a little fresh ginger and smash a clove or two of garlic and add it. Juice of a lime won't hurt either.
Bring to a boil and thicken slightly with a little cornstarch disolved in a bit of cold water or pineapple juice. Barely thicken the sauce. Although it's not neccesary to thicken it, it really glazes up nicely on the surface of the meat.

Dan

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »
Traditionally, Teriyaki sauce is equal parts beef broth, soy sauce, and sweet rice wine.  Bring all to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.  Like Dan said, thicken it up with a little cornstarch for a nice glaze.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member

Offline Crimson mist

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 03:42:00 AM »
Here's a traditional Japanese Teriyaki recipe 1 cup each soy sauce, sweet marin, and sake add 1 large smashed and chopped clove of garlic and a small amount of sugar  reserve some and bring that to a boil add more sugar a tbs or two and thicken with cornstarch for a dipping sauce

Offline Yankee Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »
Hi Sam,

I'm a big Teriyaki fan also. I've been using this recipe for a long time for Venison and it is a real crowd pleaser, guess it'd be good w/ chicken also. It's not "Traditional" but it's very good and about the only way I fix my grilled Backstrap steaks anymore. Note: The brand of Soy sauce you choose will make or break the recipe. I've had the best results using Kikoman Lite (less sodium = salty and nice flavor).  

8 Venison Loin Steaks Butterflied to 1/2" thick
1/3 cup Kikoman Lite Soy Sauce
1/2 sm. onion finely sliced
3 cloves of garlic finely minced
1 TBSP (to taste) minced Fresh Ginger
1 - 3 TBSP Brown Sugar to taste (cuts Saltiness   of Soy Sauce)
1 tsp. Dry Mustard
2 Bay leaves crushed
4 oz. 7-up soda (sounds strange but works well)
Splash of Dry Sherry to taste
dash of chinese Five Spice powder to taste (go easy w/ this spice)
1/2 cup Veg. oil( if you multiply recipe still only use 1/2 cup oil)

Wisk of stir well to disolve sugar, place in ziplock bag in frige for 1-3 days (the longer the better) turn once a day to mix.

I usually X 3 the marinade recipe when I make it, you might want to play w/ the amounts of ingredients to suite your own taste. I've got several asian friends and they all love this recipe when I fix it. Hope you'll enjoy it as much as we do.

YB

Offline chefpaul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 11:14:00 AM »
To one and all!
Here’s a trick I have use for many years.
If you have some tough meat and need the marinade to help break it down.I also addto
the teriyaki sauce some fresh pineapple (enzyme bromelain), fresh papaya (enzyme papain) that been grated or cut very fine (you could also use fresh figs or fresh kiwi) These fruits have a natural enzyme that helps break down meat and gelatin protein. Thats why you will never see any of these in a jello mold or in a jello fruit cocktail. The natural enzymes break down the protein in the jello and they won’t solidify unless you first cook the fruit and destroy the enzyme.
Therefore they are a great natural tenderizer for meats.

Good Hunting & Eating
Chef Paul

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 05:46:00 PM »
Also good to eat a papaya or take some papaya enzymes after a big meal.  It really helps get rid of that bloated feeling quickly...so you can then eat more!!!!
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member

Offline ringo64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »
this is a great terriyaki marinade....after marinating, bake it right in it and it will make a great glaze.
REAL maple syrup
soy sauce
black pepper
fresh ginger
fresh garlic
sesame oil

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©