INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Slow Cooker Pheasant Recipe ?  (Read 952 times)

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
Slow Cooker Pheasant Recipe ?
« on: March 24, 2009, 12:26:00 PM »
Looking for some recipes for pheasant or partrige done in a crock-pot. Thanx.

Offline fatman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Slow Cooker Pheasant Recipe ?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 08:29:00 PM »
Canned soups work well....try Cream of Chicken, with a can of sliced mushrooms, and a dash of Worchestershire Sauce...
"Better to have that thing and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
Woodrow F. Call

Commitment is like bacon & eggs; the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed....

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Slow Cooker Pheasant Recipe ?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »
Here's a good one, probably my favorite and very easy to make.
 Pheasant Chili
Remove all the meat from the breast, thighs and legs,(make sure you remove all the tendons from the legs).  Take this meat and chop it up into small pieces.
Saute the meat in a frying pan with a little oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder until brown.
Put the saute'd meat in your crock pot along with one 12 ounce jar of your favorite salsa, one 16 ounce jar of great northern white beans(with juice), 1 tbsp of Cumin powder(or more to taste),the juice of one lime, and some chopped fresh Cilantro.
Cook this concoction on low for 3 hours or so, or until all the flavors blend.
Serve with sour cream, chopped fresh onion and some shredded Cheddar cheese for toppings.  This stuff is great!  I make it in Pheasant Camp and at home for my wife and I.  Everyone loves it.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©