3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2nd Annual EOBH! ** PICS ADDED**  (Read 16878 times)

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
2nd Annual EOBH! ** PICS ADDED**
« on: January 28, 2007, 10:44:00 AM »
Well new attendees and veterans from last year; the date has been set. I will be hosting the 2nd annual EOBH( Eastern Ontario Bunny Hunt), on the weekend of Feb 24th and 25th. This date is over a month later than last years hunt.
I think late Feb is a better time, more sunny days and more rabbits out sunning themselves.
I have a new area this year, more brair thickets and some real nice, brush filled, thorn filled tangled hegderows that border a cornfield; the bunny tracks are crazy thick in there.
My beagle is a year older and wiser, I took her out the other morning but it was too cold for man or beast, -28 with the windchill. Her feet froze-up and we went home before she had trouble.
Not many fresh tracks in that weather though.          :smileystooges:          
While deerhunting the same area, I would routinely see bunnies on the move in the am and before dark.
Some cottontails and some big snowshoes too.
We will be based from a huge old farmhouse that sits on 3-4 acres and has a ton of room; it is surrounded by hundreds of acres of prime bunny haunts. The farmhouse has 3 baths, 3 fireplaces and 3 storeys of space!   There is also a large outdoor firepit, with lots of wood ready to gather around after the hunts. So far the confirmed are as follows: Me, Jake H, MessinwithSasquatch, Patience, Harl, Ontario Longbow, HunterJohn, Jim Godden of Mississippi Lake Longbow,Dan Banting and Luke Vandervennen.
We still have room for any Fellow Ontario TGers who want to join us for a weekend of great times.
We will hunt from morning till noon, come in for a big lunch, then either go back out for shooting games or more bunny chasin'!
We will be having the swinging bunny target again, some "various position ballon busting" Can you shoot lying on your back on a hay bale??          ;)          
Some long distance pine-cone shooting, some clout shooting and some type of bionic bunny shoot( bring some junker arrows!)
There will be prizes and a trading blanket, along with a grand prize for the person showing the most carefree, wild attitude during the hunt.
A big dinner followed by some fireplace "chillaxing", and video watching of each days events.
This is bigger than last year, more people, more food, and even the elusive Tundra-bunnies that eluded us last year!
This is the official Start-up thread, so maybe we can keep it alive for awhile, I know there is the NY bunny hunt thread running too, but 50 guys??? WOW! I'd be surprised if 50 trad shooters were even in Eastern Ontario, LOL! and we are huge compared to NY state!! ( I wish Shawn and crew all the best!)
Ours is a week later this year so there will not be 2 result threads running at once.
Our meals are already in the planning stage, be ready to leave a few pounds heavier...          :bigsmyl:          
Everybody is encouraged to bring something to the trading blanket, one man's junk is another man's treasure!
Any early arrivers are welcome to show up on Friday, I will be on hand to greet them.
I look forward to seeing my friends again and meeting new friends.
CHEERS!
BD    :thumbsup:

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2nd Annual EOBH! ** PICS ADDED**
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 10:48:00 AM »
Sergio, I sent you an email, would love to have you join us, now that you are all "Retired-up"!
Get ahold of me.
BD

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 11:13:00 AM »
a few pics from last year, the group( minus Jake, he is taking the pic)
 heading out.
and some of the guys on the line to shoot the swinging rabbit target.

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 11:14:00 AM »
Brave Dave, swinging the bunny!  

Offline Luke Vander Vennen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 11:36:00 AM »
well I'm in  :)  

I'm in a bit of a predicament right now. I have no arrows.  :eek:  . I'm trying out some new carbons, but the package with the inserts, points, and wraps is overdue  :eek:  . Oh well, it'll all come out in the wash.
Dances with Turtles

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 11:55:00 AM »
Luke, you have like 3 1/2 weeks man...I'm sure Tom could set you up too. He has lots of toys!
BD

Offline Luke Vander Vennen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »
yeah, I'm hoping they'll show up in the next few days

Tom could set up the army for archery  :eek:
Dances with Turtles

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 01:49:00 PM »
Come on now,I'm down to 5 or 8 doz.arrows.I do believe all my arrows would be over spined for you as well.I think the lightest spined I have are 70#.But let me know if they will help.
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 06:14:00 PM »
C'mon Tom, you mean you have that many in your backquiver...  :archer:    :goldtooth:  
BD

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 07:29:00 AM »
ttt for the morning folks

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »
Just checked the weather network long range forecast...getting milder( a bit), then lots more snow!!!
Looks like we will have a good foot plus by the time the hunt happens, might be a good idea to bring snowshoes if ya got 'em.
BD   :)

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »
AT my age (the way you fellas talk)I would not be able to carry more then 3 or 4 arrows at a time.I just would not be able to keep up.  :(    :biglaugh:
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 05:12:00 PM »
No, you don't shoot the heavy ash and birch like me and Jake, you still like them old cedars! LOL!
And at your AGE  ;)    :p  ; you best not start carrying them in your cat VI...it might pull ya right down to your knees!
Hardwood arrows are for the 45 and UNDER crowd man,   :help:  
he he he....BD

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 07:59:00 PM »
I guess you have not put any of my arrows on a scale.My hunting arrows are generally in the neighborhood of 700 grains,some just under and some in the 750 range.I do have Douglas Fir,Hex Pines,Lam Birch but I still like the cedar though.  :bigsmyl:
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline MessinwithSasquatch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 08:04:00 PM »
I cant wait to get out there and bag me some bunnys this season, hopefully the SoothSayer will make a kill. Ive been practicing hard, and I think I will be able to bag one. Anywase hope to see you guys out there this EOBH.

Cheers, "Messin"
“If you would hit the mark, you must aim a little above it, every arrow that flies feels the attraction of earth.”

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »
Tom,   That is only cause they are 38" long...  ;)    :bigsmyl:  
Aim smal, miss small Jess.
BD

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »
Cary;
    Thanks for the invite to the " Killer attack " Wabbit hunt! I may be able to make it this year. Although being retired , I have less time than ever before. Can't email at the moment ,but will contact you in a couple of days. Should have my new Apple Computer up and running by then! I'm going to be in Ottawa that weekend,because my wife and daughter are attending a Josh Groban concert.

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
Well Serg, I'm counting on you this time!!! You'll have a blast meeting and hunting with all the new guys you'll meet.
And you WILL go home heavier than when you got here, that IS a fact!
BD

Offline Hunter John

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 04:23:00 PM »
I am looking forward to meeting everyone and doing some hunting,looks like I may be able to get away for the whole weekend :bigsmyl:I will know in a couple of days.

John
I am a man
and I can change
if I have to
I guess.

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 04:34:00 PM »
the WHOLE WEEKEND?????now ya see John, that's what I'm talkin' about!
What bow(s) are you bringing??
More snow tonite and tomorrow, more coming too. Snowshoe Weather!!!
Poor Daisy is on the mend, she was running bunnies the other day when it was real cold, her top layer of that tough skin on her hind footpads got froze up a bit, it is peeling off now.
Booties for the next 5 nites and bag balm!
Then some fleece boots to run the bunnies with, that's okay, we don't want the bunnies going too fast anyways... ;)  :)
BD

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©