3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2nd Annual EOBH! ** PICS ADDED**  (Read 16882 times)

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2nd Annual EOBH! ** PICS ADDED**
« Reply #200 on: February 27, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »
the main problem was that when we got them to move, the area that was really thick was so large that all they would do is find another hidey-hole in the thick stuff, there was no way short of dynamite to get them to come out of the cover.
And i don't care how good a shot you are? nobody could have snaked an arrow into that crap!! LOL!!!   :readit:    :goldtooth:  more pics to come today!
BD

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #201 on: February 27, 2007, 10:27:00 AM »
Frnak and Olaf discussing the merits of Olaf's new DAS hunter...man it was an acuurate shooter, unless Harl was on it.   ;)    :p  

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #202 on: February 27, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »

Mike, Luke, Olaf, Jake, Tim and Barry at the bonfire, it was a nice nite to have one, the fire was needed to keep warm!

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2007, 10:32:00 AM »

We had a vote to decide who showed the most unbridled , body sacrificing , dive into the thick stuff, enthusiasm; by a close vote( 1 vote) Gary, aka Northern fisher won a set of Gorrila climbing sticks! , he was a human bulldozer while busting them bunnies out of the cover.

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2007, 10:34:00 AM »
LUKE, THIS IS HUNTING CAMP...YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE STUDYING!!!!!!!

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »
This is one of the mossy oak doo-rags we had made up, they looked real good on the hunters heads!

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #206 on: February 27, 2007, 11:04:00 AM »
to be quite honest I knew that even seeing bunnies up here this time of year would be tough, but we saw a bunch and even had some legitimate chances, but them bunnies are wayyy too smart for us Ontario hunters!! lol
I really do these so that a bunch of us trad hunters that live up here have a chance to get together and meet, shoot and share some good times.
Our province is so vast( you can fit a couple of Texas's in here      :bigsmyl:    ) that we don't get alot of opportunity to meet each other very often.
this event, the deer hunt I host and the Carp-a-palooza , gives us a chance to meet and greet.
We all agreed, the bunnies were a very small part of the weekend. With all of the great food around, no-one was too anxious to skin rabbits and cook them..not a chance!! LOL
Besides, when we are used to real big deer, moose and bears??? rabbits are a little tid-bit on the menu!
All in all, it was a super time for all, alot of hard work getting it ready and during the hunt, but it was all worth it in the end to see the smiling, laughing and good hearted ribbing going on in the house and on the range.
My thanks to all who came out.
Besides Gary's grand prize win, we also had 2 door prizes won, a real nice dry box for storing gear  was given away on both days.
Tim won one of them, and Jim the other.
BD:)

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2007, 02:58:00 PM »
Saturday early evening was really busy, lots of food, trading going on at the table and it sounded like a hive of activity in the house.
I was really interested in seeing Theo's prototype Journeyman broadheads and how they are put together.
It was worth holding the hunt just to have the inventor of the Journeyman head show me how to properly sharpen these great heads.
Man, Theo showed me how to get a head popping sharp with a Tom Davidson file aka a BASTARD file   ;)    :p    :p  and crock sticks, in about 2-3 minutes he had a n unsharpened head literally POPPING hair from his arm. I was amazed and promptly threw everyhting I thought I knew about sharpening out the window on the spot.
It was pretty cool.
That same day I was introduced to Roy Hall's Navajo Caddo longbows. Tim had 2 of them, the one that I shot and liked was a 60" 47#s at 27"bow.
I was shocked at the way a bow that light could throw a heavy tapered ash arrow of 625-675 grains!
The first shot from about 35 yards was 2"from the bull, the next was dead center!!I could not believe how quiet this bow  shot and how dead in the hand it was. I proceeded to put 3 more arrows within 2" of the rest. Tim told me that bow was made for me and also said that he would be sleeping with one eye open and one hand firmly around his bow!!!   :goldtooth:
I was duly impressed and made a note in the brain about those caddo bows...
BD

Offline Frank AK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #208 on: February 27, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »
Yeah bunnies at the end of the year are the survivors. They are a lot harder to get now than any other time of the year.

Looks like a lot of fun though.
130lb Alaska State and Regional Wrestling Champion.

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #209 on: February 28, 2007, 09:41:00 AM »
A quick note to all who came, Sergio said we should all meet  this april 29th at the 3D shoot in Chelsea, Quebec, it is just across the border from Ottawa.
Closest thing we have here to a Denton hill type of deal. Trad shoot, tons of vendors, good eats, great shoot, 40 targets in a row.
Real rugged terrain, the Gatineau hills.
I would be fun to go and shoot with our big group.
Let us know if it could happen.
BD

Offline Jake H

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2007, 11:18:00 AM »
BigDog,

You should open a new topic over in the events forum and then put the link to it over here for reference.

Definately sounds like something we want to get orgainized!

Jake
(who was thinking of Chelsea anyway)

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #211 on: March 01, 2007, 07:55:00 AM »
I just posted a new topic on the events forum, I encourage everybody who was here to check it out.
BD

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #212 on: March 01, 2007, 07:58:00 AM »
some of the boys hanging out, Luke , I was gonna fix the red-eye...but i think ya look cool with the Demon-look!
that is Nick's back, Mike is the guy glowing, and ol Tom aka O.B.B. is sitting in the back.
BD

Offline Luke Vander Vennen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #213 on: March 01, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »
Mike has a whole in his chest  :eek:
Dances with Turtles

Offline Ontario Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #214 on: March 01, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »
Had a great time at Cary's,, I gave Cary a dozen arrows,, tapered maples that I can't use anymore, 60 -65 spine, when we left to go home Cary gave me one of his prized possesions, a beautiful antler with tremendous mass,, He must of heard from O.B.B that I spend a lot of time scouting and antler hunting,looks great on the shelf ,, Thanks again Cary,, All the best ,, Frank

Black Coffee, Red Wine, Blue Waters, Green fields, Yellow sunsets,Whitetailed Deer,, All the Primary colors of Life ,,,.
I don't choose the deer, the deer chooses me.

Offline northern fisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #215 on: March 03, 2007, 08:40:00 AM »
Cary
Thanks for posting the pics,I coulded get the smile off my face while looking at them.Good time,Great people.
Looking forward to seeing everyone agian at a future event and I'm gonna work hard on those bear baits this summer(maybe lure a few of you fellas up north this fall).I thought you were not gonna let Frank get that big shed from ya LOL.
Gary
If it wasn't for Hillary Blackburn I may have never found my way to the woods and the water.I miss you Puppy.Love from your grandson.

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #216 on: March 03, 2007, 03:30:00 PM »
Frank didn't get the real big one....   ;)    ;)    :bigsmyl:  glad you had a good time Gary, you will have to get here for the carp shoot.
BD

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #217 on: March 03, 2007, 05:03:00 PM »
Cary, Ya Done Good Brother!!!!! Looks like you guys had a GREAT time!!!!! I really enjoyed the pictures,Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©