3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2nd Annual EOBH! ** PICS ADDED**  (Read 16883 times)

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2nd Annual EOBH! ** PICS ADDED**
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2007, 10:12:00 PM »
Don't count me out yet Luke.We are gonna get something worked out.
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline Ontario Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »
Hey Cary,, How are things? Really looking forward to the bunny hunt. Right now at 12:02 a.m. we are under at snow storm advisory here on Georgian Bay, we are getting a lot of high winds and a ton of snow. Harl, Mitch and myself shot this morning at Base Borden (indoors), we had a great time, Harl was shooting telephone poles out of his Morrison. They flew like lazor beams and really quieted down the bow. However after he saw me drilling broadheads into the target at twenty yards with my beautiful Widow he declared that the Widow was an unfair advantage to the bunnies and I could only bring the Hill to the shoot (the old Bastard!!). Looking forward to the get together and I will bring lots for the swap table (anyone got an old Black Widow knife?) ,, Talk to you soon,, Frank.
Black Coffee, Red Wine, Blue Waters, Green fields, Yellow sunsets,Whitetailed Deer,, All the Primary colors of Life ,,,.
I don't choose the deer, the deer chooses me.

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2007, 07:58:00 AM »
We had a pile of snow fall yesterday and high winds to boot.
Was a wild weather day here.
snow is getting knee deep and better in the bush now...  :thumbsup:    :archer:  
Tom? a Bastard??? only the master bastard himself is he! LOL  :goldtooth:  
You do need to being that Hill, I want to fling some heavy ash outta it, see what it thinks of them logs!
What is O.B.B. doing shooting that morrison??? He should be shooting all them new Hills he is acquiring...
we are hard at work getting ready for the hunt,
I just loaded the outdoor shed/lean-too with some dry wood for our bonfire, don't forget to bring a lawnchair for fireside sittin'.

Hopefully Jim will bring a couple of demo bows for Mississippi Lake Longbow for the fellas to try out.

See you soon,
BD

Offline Ontario Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2007, 09:54:00 AM »
Hey Cary,, I am planning to bring the Hill, and your right she loves heavy arrows, I'm shooting 600g's out of it. Harl the O.M.B (Old Master Bastard), was shooting 780g's yesterday and when he hit the target (which wasn't that often, thats why he always carries a leatherman, the pliers come in handy)it really knocked the target backwards. I think Harl should bring the Hills too and leave the Morrison at home, he shoots the Hill's way better and unless the bunnies are the size of Kangaroos there will be no rabbit stew in his future.
Black Coffee, Red Wine, Blue Waters, Green fields, Yellow sunsets,Whitetailed Deer,, All the Primary colors of Life ,,,.
I don't choose the deer, the deer chooses me.

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2007, 10:08:00 AM »
We named him O.B.B.   ( old bow bastard) kinda like the O.P.P....  ;)    :goldtooth:  
Looking forward to shooting that Hill, That's it Tom, no Shawnee...Hills only for you old fella...
I got some 675-700 gr ash to wing out of her for ya!
what does Theo and Phil shoot? we are gonna have quite a few bows around that weekend, will be fun to try out a bunch.

Wait till you guys see the eats that are planned.mmmmmmmmm!
only 3 weeks to go!
BD

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »
The Shawnee will be staying at home this year.I will just bring the Hills and my lightweight 700 gr.arrows.
   The widder is unfair because it will take an extra couple gallens of gas to carry the weight all that distance.I must admit Frank did zero in on the bullseye,but I told him he will not get many shots at 30 inches so he should practice longer shots.
   Looking forward to this get together for sure now!!!!
   The O.B.B.
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2007, 11:58:00 AM »
I kinda like that! "O.B.B."...Jake come up with it though, so kudos to him.

Hills....mmmmm....I like them Hills.

Looking forward to it too, got some stuff rollin' life changes going on...I need some good times with good fellas!

Don't ferget yer trade goods...( 'cept you put a certain dog's name on them STOS heads   ;)    ;)  

BD

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »
May have some Douglas Fir arrows to bring if anybody needs 70# arrows.Those changes are gonna be sweet !!!!!  :clapper:
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2007, 06:14:00 PM »
sweet indeed Tom...sweet indeed...  ;)    ;)    :bigsmyl:  
I'm glad that more guys are coming this year, we may have some new things going on too.

C'mon, 24th and 25th!!!
BD

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »
BRRRRRR. cold today, -29 w/windchill this aft( -21.2F)  :scared:  Daisy's pad's are healing, maybe with boots on she will be ready to go on the 24-25th, if not then we are gonna have to bust some brush! LOL
not calling for it to rise above -18-22c for the lows all this week, and that is WITHOUT the windchill.  :eek:    :eek:  
Oh well this IS Canada in the winter right? good new is the pond behind With Manor is froze 1 foot thick, we have a good rink shovelled off, so anybody who wants to get in a little skating or shinny, feel free to bring your sticks and blades.
Looking forward to having a great bonfire on Sat too, probably after the morning hunt and after lunch.
BD

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2007, 06:01:00 PM »
Well winter did take it's time getting here this year.I imagine it will try to make up for lost time.Frank is about the same height as daisy so maybe if daisy can't go .....
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2007, 09:15:00 PM »
TOM......LOL!!!
it 's okay Frank, I'm not a whole lot taller, it may be me and you humping thru the junipers scaring them bunnies out..  :bigsmyl:

Offline THE FOREST WITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »
Good Morning To Cary's Crew,
I hope that everyone is in good spirits and that today is a better day than your last!!!!     :eek:    Brrrrrrrrrr it is way too cold for me today.  I haven't received any food allergy concerns or food dislikes so I guess that there will be no trouble cleaning off your plates.  I haven't started my baking yet or it would never survive the hungry thieves raiding my freezer!    :scared:    Hey Big dog,  just make sure that you don't expect the cook to be fetching the bunnies, not going to be happening!!!  Start packing so you won't forget anything and please bring enough clothes to dress warm.  I don't want to have be playing nurse all weekend.  Luke did you hear me????

How many more days until spring?
Kelly    :saywhat:      :coffee:      :coffee:      :coffee:
Spring, give thanks for the never-ending shades of green

Offline northern fisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »
Hey big dog,funny I found the thread about an hour after I PMed you.It's good to see Tom and Frank are still giving to each other(hi guys).I should know in a couple days if I can make it.If I can make it maybe I can meet up with Tom or Frank and follow them to the shoot.
I can bring a martin ML 14 45#,damon howett recurve 55# and a Tomahawk thunderstorm 65#(that I got from Tom).
If it wasn't for Hillary Blackburn I may have never found my way to the woods and the water.I miss you Puppy.Love from your grandson.

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2007, 12:20:00 PM »
Cary,I was thinkin of tryin boots out on Sonny too.Gonna check and see if they have them in this weekend if not it,s not a big deal I,ve been puttin this stuff called tuff-feet on his pads besides runnin him.Stayed home last weekend with all the snow we have and the coooooooold wind it just wasn,t worth it.

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2007, 02:31:00 PM »
Gary,  
      So you know the wild fellas eh??I'm tellin' that Tom is a crazy S.O.B.  or is that O.B.B.???   ;)    :p  So you would drive down #11 and meet them? is that longer or shorter for you?

Tom,  
    Daisy's boots were not cheap, but the leather pad bottom is great, They are nylon uppered and velcro fastening. They seem to work  good for her.

Hopefully she is ready by the 24th.
BD

Offline Luke Vander Vennen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2007, 03:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by THE FOREST WITCH:
  I don't want to have be playing nurse all weekend.  Luke did you hear me????

I sure did, and I think that's great Kelly, you shouldn't have to take care of Cary, Jake and Tom like that. Way to stand up for yourself like that. I'm proud of you   :)
Dances with Turtles

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2007, 03:26:00 PM »
Luke.....  :scared:    ;)  

BD

Offline THE FOREST WITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »
Well Luke,
 somebody might need a nurse and I will be there to the rescue if need be, I wouldn't let anyone suffer.  Thanks for being so proud of me for standing up for myself,LOL...   :biglaugh:    Big dog you have been mentioning to everybody about Daisy's new booties, she certainly is feeling a little better and she runs all over the place skipping and jumping!  She tuckered herself out so much today, that she is lying here beside me snoring up a storm!   :biglaugh:    :p    She thinks that she is a princess.
  She certainly doesn't waste her time out in the cold for too long!  I'm just glad that she starting on the mend.

Kelly
Spring, give thanks for the never-ending shades of green

Offline Patience

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2007, 09:41:00 PM »
Only a couple more weeks to go, can't wait. I look forward to meeting those I have not met yet. Question; what goods are we trading? I have to see what I have to bring. Luke like I said I could supply a few arrows, I wouldn't worry about it. But I might want to be the one taking the pictures. From what I understand you all are great shots. After an afternoon of being embarased, I'll need a break. I look forward to the lessons.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©