INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Favorite Venison Marinade  (Read 1651 times)

Offline jerry womble

• Trad Bowhunter
Favorite Venison Marinade
« on: December 01, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »
What are your favorite ingredients for Venison steak Marinade?

Thanks, Jerry

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Favorite Venison Marinade
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 06:18:00 PM »
There isn't one.... I don't like marinade for steak.

Take a steak, properly aged, sprinkle with some coarse salt and fresh ground pepper, let set out until nearly room temp and throw on a HOT wood fired grill.  Sear until juice starts to come out the top, flip and leave for about 1/2 to 2/3 the time you had it on the first side and it's done.  Mmmmmmmmmmm!
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline Bobby Urban

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 07:09:00 PM »
Grated fresh ginger, soy sauce, zest of one lime and 1/2 that lime juiced, olive oil, cayenne pepper(just a touch) and a little cracked pepper.  Leave in a ziplock w the tenderloin for an hour or so.  Grill to rare and let sit for 5 minutes before you cut on a bias and serve over a bed of spinach leaves and chopped romaine hearts.  Dress wih juice of one lime, one grapefruit and a teaspoon of Sambal Oelek chili paste.  Drizzle this onto the meat after you plate.  Makes hunters out of PETA members.

Offline Todd Greenwald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 07:42:00 PM »
1/4 cup cheap whiskey, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1 cup brown suger, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Let back strap marinade for 2 -3 days in the fridge.  Then get your grill as hot as it can get and braze the out side (usually takes 2 - 3 minutes a side).  Then back your grill burners down to the lowest setting and close the lid.  Turn the back strap about every 10 - 15 minutes checking it for being done every time & put some more marinade juices on it.  
A backstrap is done usually between 30 - 45 minutes.
Even my Monster-in-Law will eat it and ask for seconds. . . It is amazing!
Michigan Longbow Association
USMC 1992-2000

Offline agross1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 05:56:00 AM »
i actually just made these last night,  it was kind of experimental but they turned out unbelievable

i soaked the strap in a marinade that i made( a-1, sweet baby rays, a little hot sauce, and some worcestershire sauce) for a day and a half,  filled a slit in the strap with seasoning and onions and then wrapped with bacon

i held it together with tooth picks and then seared it on a already hot grill

i then put them on some aluminum foil and sprinkled them with some more marinade

i then wrapped them in the foil and threw them back on the grill they turned out amazing

Silvertip 60"  54#
64 Kodiak 60"  50#

Offline jerry womble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 11:34:00 PM »
Thanks guys, I'm going to give them a try.

Offline Josh Perdue

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 02:47:00 PM »
thanks looks great

Offline coachA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 11:17:00 AM »
Bobby, Great recipe. tried it last night

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 02:26:00 PM »
1-Fresh garlic, olive oil, fresh thyme, black pepper, some salt.

2-fresh garlic, olive oil, teriyaki sauce, worcestershire sauce, black pepper.

3-Fresh garlic, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, black pepper.

4-Fresh garlic, olive oil, frozen OJ concentrate, teriyaki sauce, black pepper.

Marinate, then grill.  

You can also cut into strips before marinating, then pat dry, dip into tempura batter and fry them up.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline Bobby Urban

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 07:35:00 PM »
Thanks Coach - it is definitely one of my favorites and one I like to make for guests because everyone gobbles it up.  oh - and it is healthy - unlike most of my recipes that include bacon or heavy cream - or heavy creamed bacon.  Can never go wrong with bacon
Bob Urban

Offline Bengal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 01:42:00 AM »
1 cup red wine, 1 cup vinegar, 1 Bottle zesty italian dressing, 1 bottle liquid smoke, 1 bottle worcestershire sauce. mix it all up and pour it back into dressing bottles. I was afraid to try this recipe at first but it is delicious.

Offline badbadleroybrown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 11:01:00 PM »
I don't marinade my steaks, but I like a store bought marinade called Allegro for roasts.

Offline Michigan Mark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 11:05:00 PM »
I'm with the guys that don't marinade for steaks especially if you cleaned and deboned your deer without silver skin and tallow. Every now and then I do take a few back straps cut to 1 1/2" to 2 " take a knife and right in the center make a slit then while making sure the slit remains small open the inside making a pocket not going trough all the way, season with pepper  and coarse salt  set aside. Cut up in small dices a good amount of your favorite mushrooms saute in butter, take cooked mushrooms out of pan set aside to cool. When cooled enough to handle stuff those pockets full of the sauteed mushrooms. Slice up some more of your favorite mushrooms (also some onions if you can't resist) start sauteing in butter (and a little oil to keep from burning) the sliced mushrooms (and onions) add the stuffed back straps and cook to your preference. Enjoy
...Mark

Offline sloaf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 12:46:00 AM »
italian dressing, a zip-loc and venison are one of the simple pleasures in life.  grill and enjoy.
If your shooting stinks, work with a Form master.  It'll bring back your A game.

Offline stickbowhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »
al - you like your galic hunh??? LOL  this sounds like good recipies

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »
I tried the "just salt and pepper" thing last night, not my favorite but its ok. I like Montreal steak seasoning. The best marinade I've used on right on the Montreal steak seasoning bottle. MIX 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 2 teaspoons Seasoning. For every pound. It says 30 min and grill, which is good but I like it to marinade for 3 hours. As said before DON'T over cook. Leave nice and pink/red in the middle. Enjoy!
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©