Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Gear for OZ?  (Read 4820 times)

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gear for OZ?
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2003, 08:27:00 PM »
Come on RicMic, more stories man?  You run anything thru?

Offline Rick McGowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2003, 09:49:00 AM »
STevo, I got lots of stories, but none are about me shooting anything with my bow. I spent almost all my time guiding hunters or working cattle. The couple days I did have to hunt, I didn't run into the buffalo or scrub bull that I wanted. We did see a LOT. In one afternoon we figure we saw about 200 buffalo. I did see one old cow buff that I have been looking for, for four years, she has huge horns that sweep down and back, but she had a small calf with her, I thought she was to old for that! I also know an area I want to check out next year, no one has ever hunted it, except me, briefly, but huge bulls keep being spotted there from the air. Only problem, it'll be a walk in and carry out and its a scary place to hunt. Rick

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2003, 11:11:00 AM »
RicMic,

I finally downloaded e-mail at home and got your message.  I am here this week between sheep and goat hunts and then have another week at home before an interior grizzly hunt.  I'll call you sometime in there!

Offline Jackrat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2003, 08:15:00 PM »
Hi guy,Good to see You are going to hunt OZ.I lived in Australia for five years,it is a wonderfull place fer,sure.Don,t bother with the pepper spray for croc,s the stuff is illegal in OZ.Any thing you would need there can be perchaced when you get there,if you should forget something that is.Oz has a very strong Trad,bowhunting following,and the guys over there are only to happy to help out.If as I take it you are heading for the NT or NQ,you can exspect to see heaps of pigs,Some deer,maybe Bantang,Buff,Roo,s, Snakes,Big Bugs,Spiders,Biting ants,And of course Croc,s.Listen to the locals and stay away from the water.Every thing over there bites,stings,or is poisoness so don,t touch anything without checking with a local first.I have the scars to prove it.(Not joking).You will have the time of your life..Best of luck,,Jack.

Offline erron

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2003, 01:56:00 AM »
Hey Jack,

Guess you missed out on the job with the OZ tourist board?

:)  

Erron
www.ozbow.net
Traditional Archery & Bowhunting in Australia

Offline Jackrat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2003, 07:04:00 AM »
Ahhhh Yeah,I guess you could say the place had a long lasting effect on me.
Good luck this week with Guy.
Jack.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©