Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Elk Hunt'n with Ol'46. I want video 8^)  (Read 1483 times)

Offline cooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Elk Hunt'n with Ol'46. I want video 8^)
« on: August 29, 2003, 10:55:00 PM »
Wasn't to sure where to post this and figure here's as good a place as any. A while back Ol'46 asks if I'd try make'n him some stone hunting points for an up coming elk hunt. Said he'd even give me something for them. WEEEELLLLL, I may be dumb but I aint stupid, I took Ol'46 up on his offer, but I made a stipulation. If I get these points made in time for you to take'm on this hunt you got to chase the critters one day dressed only in a deer skin loin cloth. And if I remember right Ol'46 agreed. He he, I thiunk I've got him   :bigsmyl:  Not that I don't trust the word of your fine hunting party. I've met a few, and well, lets just say a few just might be able to stretch the yarn a couple of extra inches. If you know what I mean  "[laffsmyl]"

Wish I could go,
Cooter
what you lack in ability make up for with enthusiasm

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Elk Hunt'n with Ol'46. I want video 8^)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2003, 08:52:00 PM »
Video is fine. But you also need to get some still pictures as well. And then post 'em here!   :D
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline '46

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2003, 10:14:00 PM »
Loin cloth?? Hehe, I wasn't plannin on that much...Have to do it just like our earliest ansestors did.....so ya see, this being a family type forum I couldn't possibly post pictures, might scare everyone away anyhow. So Cooter you'll just have ta take the words of the fine upstanding gents I hunt with, none of whom was ever known to lie, cheat, drink or gamble.   :D      :D      :D       :D  

course your welcome to drag that digital camera of yours out with us and photograph the event.
George
_------------->

Offline cooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2003, 09:08:00 PM »
'46,

Putting it that way I just might have placed this thread in the right subject heading of Dangerous Game:D I'd love to go back out there some year and chase them critters again with you. I had more fun than what should be allowed under US law last year. Might not be next year either, Ma's been putting pressure on me to take a family vacation that doesn't involve wood, rock, hunting, or fishing. Not sure what kind of vacation that will be, but what can I do with only 2 weeks off per year and needing a few days off each spring and fall for turkey hunting and a half day here or there to chase Bambi through the woods. Maybe again in a couple years when I'll start the year having 3 weeks vacation.

Anyway, hope you were happy with the points. Wasn't even thinking about the tangs on them. Hope I got lucky and got them small enough halfting to your shafts. Hope the points themselves are large enough to drop an elk and sharp enough for good penitration should the oppertunity present itself  :bigsmyl:  

Take cCre,
Cooter
what you lack in ability make up for with enthusiasm

Offline TrapperJohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2003, 11:16:00 PM »
Cooter you an Ole'46 hafta go out wit me sumtime, Got a friend dat got a cabin an 40 on the backside of the West Elk Wilderness area. sittin at 10,600 ele. Was goin this year but no one's roun here wants ta hunt dat hard an i got big irons in da fire too. but next year fer sher.  :D    :D   TJ American  :D    :D
These er jus da ramblin's of a Huntahaulic

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©