3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow reaction upon release  (Read 228 times)

Offline Jock Whisky

• Trad Bowhunter
Bow reaction upon release
« on: November 28, 2007, 12:55:00 AM »
I've been trying to find the reason for the lower limb reaction when I release. Could any of you knowledgeable folks help me out.

50 lb TD recurve
fast flite string
I shoot with split fingers, most of the weight on the bottom two with maybe 10% on the index finger
I grip the bow loosely with my index and middle fingers. The ring and little finger are curled into my palm
I cant the bow and bend slightly at the waist.

Quite often I find when I release the string the lower limb tip comes back and taps me on the left side just below the waist.

What would cause that reaction?

Thanks for any help

'yote
Old doesn't start until you hit three figures...and then it's negotiable

Offline aromakr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow reaction upon release
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 09:24:00 AM »
yote:
Its most likley caused by the way you grip the bow, that loose grip will allow the bow to move upon release. The weight of the riser is causing the bow too swing forward upon release. I would change your grip slightly by putting a little more pressure on the index and middle finger.
Bob
Man must "believe" in something!  I "believe" I will go hunting-----

Offline laddy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow reaction upon release
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »
I have had those same symptoms at times, for me it is almost always caused by bridging up on the grip as I draw.  then depending on the bow, either I jerk the bow into my palm with finger pressure, that up until release was dominated by the force of the pull, or because of the tension in the wrist that would give the bridging affect, torque straight the instant the release comes.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©