Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Silver Flame Broadheads  (Read 3641 times)

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
Silver Flame Broadheads
« on: November 30, 2004, 05:51:00 PM »
just wanted to post here and let everyone know that soon you will be able to purchase Silver Flame Broadheads here in North America .
Marcus has been kind enough to allow me to sell them here in North America  . they are in the mail from Germany as i write this . when they arrive will be posting prices on my website and will post here and on Pow Wow .
will do my best to provide good service -- herb
"Heaven is just over the next ridge......"

Hello Darlin'

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Silver Flame Broadheads
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »
Sounds good, Herb. I got info from him about blades but hadn't done anything yet.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 09:00:00 PM »
hope to have them soon . will have 3 weights .will sure like to get them in my hands .--- herb

Hello Darlin'

Offline TJ_Hoss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 09:02:00 PM »
Sounds awesome!

Maybe you could offer those Silver Flames in a one pack so I can afford one to try  :knothead:

Offline knapper53

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 05:51:00 PM »
Maybe you could post some pix of them??
---> shoot straight!!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 05:59:00 PM »
Which 3 weights, Herb?

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2004, 11:27:00 AM »
Berrnie ,
will get some pics as soon as they arrive or will look for some to post .
 have 125Gr , 150 gr and 180 gr .will be what i have in this first shipment . have them coming with shipment of Vario Clippers . will help with price a bit .they are expensive but the best in world as far as i know ----herb

Hello Darlin'

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2004, 11:47:00 AM »
What I've read sure sounded good to me. Only thing is I use 145s (wood and alum) and 160s (carbon). Might be able to get by with the 150s if I can figure it out. We'll see. Thanks, Herb.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2004, 11:51:00 AM »
Bernie, you could add a couple of the brass washers (5gr ea) to get it right.  I've got a pack in my archery box that you wouldn't believe the number of times I've had to replace after showing someone how to fine tune point weight. People always end of sayin, I gotta get me a pack of those. I get mine from 3 rivers.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2004, 12:02:00 PM »
Yes, Herb, I just got a couple of packs a week ago from 3 Rivers so I could bring a 140 Montauk up to 145 (so I could try it - for kicks, as I like the two blade better, I think - using Eclipse mostly). I wasn't sure how many "washers" you could get away with on an arrow/head though. It would only take one on the 155s to 160 though. They (the washers) seemed like a good thing to have around to me.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2004, 02:08:00 PM »
Bernie ,
not that i got a chance to try them on game YET . but on my carbons have brass inserts , 175 gr Tusker Aztec with aluminum insert so have 310gr. up front and fly like a dart LOL going to see how they work on pigs in Fl or Texas this winter . also want to try Concords , silver flames and OutBacks .looks like i need to get a lot of pigs .---- herb

Hello Darlin'

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2004, 05:14:00 PM »
Hmmmm - rotsa-ruck! Hope ya do it to it. I will probably get some of the Silver Flames from you. I was planning on getting at least a pack and it is easier this way than throug the money exchage thingie and all. Sharpening most blades cramps my hands bad and even then I am not very good at it.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2004, 09:06:00 PM »
Tuskers are not sharpened so you make the edge your self .do it watching TV LOL.never had any luck sharpening broadheads until i had to in order to sell them .they sure will strip hair LOL .
nice thing about a doz. tuskers . leave 6 unsharpend for practicing with  !! nice inexpensive 2 blade head in several weights .
Thanks Tom .----- herb

Hello Darlin'

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »
That's right, now I remember that one of Herb's posts was where I read about the Tusker's. I think I had his site bookmarked before my computer crashed (twice) a couple months back. I bookmarked it again now - thanks. I am a little bit like Littlefeather in his "How To" on sharpening Grizzlies (I think it was his) - whoever it was felt if a BH mfg knows there is something lacking in there BH (Like wrong angle) why don't they fix it before they sell it. I agree - I don't see why they don't sharpen them (for what all of them cost) - so at least all you would have to do is resharpen them after you dull them - or replace them if you can't, or don't want to. It is like software for computers - they put it out knowing it has bugs - and then fix the bugs later - maybe. Oh well - sign of the times. I know there are a lot of folks who love to sharpen things. That still shouldn't let the mfg off the hook on the initial product's condition.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Extremist

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2004, 07:00:00 AM »
-Extremist
Victory in life is to die for what you were born to do.
"Pain is weakness leaving the body" - an Instructor
"I hope you live forever" - 300

Offline Extremist

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2004, 07:22:00 AM »
SilverFlame Broadheads  

Sorry about that last post, didn't work right.  This is the link for the Silver Flame broadheads homepage.  There is a link on the bottom of the page to a section called "Details"  This will tell you everything you want to know, and more.  You will see why it is the finest made broadhead on the market.

P.S. I am a student of Metallurgy and can appreciate the details of the materials used in the making of this head; they are some of the strongest materials out there and he uses them to perfection.  Good Hunting!
-Extremist

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2004, 09:25:00 AM »
Hmmm - it's working alright on my Mozilla Firefox Browser and I bet it would on Netscape Navigator but to the best of my knowelge MSs Internet Explorer (The Big Bopper - NOT!) doesn't respond to animations. Neat display and it interests me to note that the outside shape of the SF is very like my current favorite Eclipse BHs , which was patterned after the old... oh shoot the name of that very popular BH has just escaped me. Oooops it came back - Journeyman.....(I think). Anyway, you folks probably know.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »
Bernie or a big old Pearson Deadhead . always liked the way they looked .going to be a long wait --- herb

Hello Darlin'

Offline Extremist

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2004, 04:19:00 PM »
-Extremist

Offline Extremist

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2004, 04:26:00 PM »
(from the web site)
Blade

Material: X90CrMoV18

Internationally also known under the ASTM designation 440 B. You will recognize that alloy from high-grade hunting knives as well

In actual bowhunting practice you will appreciate the first-class combination of edge-retention and easy resharpening.

The blades are a ready to use right out of the box! That’s right, both the assembled broadheads as well as the replacement blades are razor sharp and will take the hair off your arm effortlessly.
Handle with the utmost precaution!!
SAFETY FIRST AND ALWAYS!!

A CNC-Laser cuts the blades from a tool steel board. The thickness of 1.80mm (.071”) and the grinding of the cutting edges are made in a CNC wet-grinding process to preserve the hardness of the steel.  No other manufacturer offers this blade strength!!  Prior to this process the blades are bead-blasted and vibratory ground.

The blades are precisely tempered to 55-57 HRC.
In order to ensure a homogenous molecular structure of the steel, the blades are then subzero quenched in a special cooling chamber.

The final process in achieving razor sharpness is accomplished by de-burring of the edges on a wheel containing elephant leather and a special polish paste.

The rear blade (trailing edge) is not sharpened at the factory. This feature serves the intended purpose, as well as the rounded off ferrule, an easier arrow retraction.
All blades have a cutting diameter of 1-1/8" to meet all relevant hunting laws and regulations worldwide.

The treatment of the blades is made by a specialized company for high-quality industrial knives in Germany’s "knifemaker capital city" SOLINGEN.  
-Extremist

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©