Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Silver Flame Broadheads  (Read 3642 times)

Offline Extremist

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Silver Flame Broadheads
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2004, 04:51:00 PM »
Blade design  

Last post but one of the best.  Take the time to read what makes the blade so good.

"The arrow penetrated both scapulars without any problems and without any defects whatsoever to the arrow or the broadhead. The spinning straightness was still perfectly intact as well. The sharpness of the blade had been left with a smoothing effect; however always still sufficient, in order to shave the hair at the lower arm.

The backstop target, which actually is a high-density foam target with a thickness of  8”, has been fully penetrated by the broadhead both times either (see last picture below)."

"We all know the various tests, broadheads to be submitted and the appropriate publications in some specialized magazines and on websites.  One in particular shoots broadheads at steel drums, plates, tires, frozen stumps, plywood, bricks etc.  Now, those tests maybe impressive for some guys but we are not going to hunt cars, trees or rocks.

Mentioned above tests show only tendencies regarding the stability of a broadhead but do not state anything at all over their potential concerning the actual intended purpose. It is technically no problem to design a broadhead which you can shoot heedlessly a 1000 times against a marble block until all your arrows are broken but it might do a lousy job at animal tissue.

In order to furnish an adequate proof of the structural integrity of my broadheads, I have tested the lightest model, the SilverFlame 125grains, at a penetration test in genuine animal tissue.

The hardest, which can happen to a broadhead in the view of its original area of application, is a hit on the scapular of extremely large and tough game.  For this purpose I selected a fresh scapular of a 850kg (1870lbs.) heavy cattle as a potential target.The second test was accomplished at the scapular of an adult pig. "
-Extremist
Victory in life is to die for what you were born to do.
"Pain is weakness leaving the body" - an Instructor
"I hope you live forever" - 300

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2004, 07:02:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Markus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2004, 02:46:00 AM »
Dear TradGang members,

thank you very much for the nice comments. I just can't find the words to let you know how much I appreciate that.
I'm sure no serious bowhunter will ever regret the decision to shoot a SilverFlame broadhead.

Herb is my very first dealer on the North American continent and I'm very proud of that fact.

I still don't make broadheads for a living but I guarantee the best service for my products.
Each single broadhead gets assembled, spin-checked, finally sharpened, quality controlled and packed by myself.
If you ever have a problem with my broadheads, let me know and I will fix it. No debate.

By re-reading the posted text of my website, I realized that I have to revamp that site a little bit.
The leather stroping is not longer made on a wheel since this year. I found out that I can get the edges even a bit sharper by stroping them on a flat piece of leather by hand. That takes much longer and my arm gets tired after stroping 2 dozens of broadheads but quality is everything what counts for me.

I'm a firm believer in a correlation of edge retention and lethality of a broadhead.
I like to say "my broadheads cut on contact and still after exit".
We all know that a cleanly sliced wound channel will cause a higher rate of hemorrhage (spell?) than a ripped hole caused by a broadhead which lost most of its sharpness already on the first rib.
The same correlation is existing if we take a look at blood trails, imo. Although twobladers (or singlebladers) are considered not to leave a bloodtrail as good as multibladers do, I always could follow the red trail easily and never received any complaints by my customers.

I give a warranty of at least 50 shots into a standard foam target like "The Block" or similar and my broadheads will still take the hairs of your arm effortlessly. On a hunting trip you can always make a couple of practice shots with the SilverFlame broadheads before the hunt starts just to feel comfortable with the equipment without the necessity to resharpen the head.

What really bothers me is the current exchange rate of EURO and US$.
Most of my bowhunting stuff is american made and I can buy it real cheap these days but for US and Canadian customers it turns the price of my broadheads into a hair-raising dimension. I deeply apologize for that situation but you'll surely understand that this is a "thing" I can't control.

However, I'm still convinced that no serious bowhunter will ever consider his decision to give the SilverFlame broadheads a try as a waste of money.

Yours in bowhunting
Markus
Take a sharp one...........

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2004, 03:34:00 AM »
Thank you Markus and Extremist . looks like you both have done my job for me!!
i know from previous experience that i need to have the product in hand before i start talking about it but i get excited LOL .
a couple of hunts this winter will allow me to test them for myself   :D . sounds like a good excuse don't you think  ------ herb
"Heaven is just over the next ridge......"

Hello Darlin'

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2004, 07:16:00 AM »
Great helpers you got there, Herb - LOL Markus was a big help when I inquired and his post above should stand a good chance of convincing anyone who possibly can to try the SFs at the very least - cost or no.
What kind of a target date are we speaking of, Herb? This season, next Spring, Summer, next season? Now "cut" that out!
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Pete W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2004, 11:23:00 AM »
Silver Flames are a work of perfection.I did a review on them and i am very impressed.The sharpness is unmatches and they stay sharp too.
I shot them from compounds and trad bows with great acuracy.
They went thru a moose shoulder blade with ease and were still razor sharp.[The moose was already butchered]Pictures and the review are on my site in the trad section.  http://www.peteward.com

I did not have a chance to try them on living flesh,{Well yes I did but I missed!!}
This years season was a mess due to work and lac of work and limited funds to get out.They were my intended first choice for a kill test.

As for the Tuskers Herb sells they are a very good economical BH.They are not a Silver flame and the price reflects this.
You have to sharpen them unless you want to buy them pre sharpened for more money.If you want to pay someone[factory or Herb] to sharpen them they are available that way.For the guy that wants a dozen for the price of 3 in other brands the savings are available if you do it yourself.They sharpen easy and fly great.That works for me.Tusker review is also in my Trad section.
Share your knowledge and ideas.

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »
Bernie , they are in mail from Germany but it is Xmas Month also . last shipment got her in 2 weeks but will have to wait and see have a shipment of Vario Clippers  shipped one week before broadheads so will give me some idea of when the broadheads will get here .hope before Xmas   ;)  
Silver Flames are top of the line !!

---- herb

Hello Darlin'

Offline devildog66

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »
ALRIGHT Herb!  Thanks for taking the step to be the US distributor for these super heads.  Of course, Markus is super to deal with but nice to know that I can order direct from you now.  I have one set od Silverflames and they the best quality head I have ever used or seen.  

DD77
"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."

Old Italian Proverb

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2004, 03:48:00 PM »
Thanks DD77 can hardly wait and it might not be as long as i thought !! had 2 shipments coming from  Germany first one got here today with Vario clippers and a bunch of inserts . they were shipped 1 week apart so fingers are crossed --- herb

Hello Darlin'

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2004, 07:31:00 PM »
Hi Herb,

Looking forward to meeting you in texas! I read all of Marcus's info some time back and have been meaning to try some of these. Looked at your web site but did not see any price info, could you give me an idea of what six 180 gr would cost Canadian. Also, it might just be my computer, but the font on your web site is real hard to read.

Thanks
Dave
hunt it

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2004, 10:41:00 AM »
Dave ,
font changed now .recieved the first shipment yesterday and don't want to let them go .
Markus is a great craftsman !!!

cost will be for 6  . $152.50 can plus taxes plus shipping . they will retail at $76.25 can and $62.25 US for a 3 pack .

sure will enjoy meeting you also .---- herb

Hello Darlin'

Offline Mooseman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2004, 11:16:00 PM »
Hi Herb,
I know what you are feeling right now. I had the same problem. I just took them out of the pack to show to people and it took quite a bit to put one on an arrow and shoot it at the target. They look so nice and are soooo sharp.

They fly just perfect. They also cut on their way out as well so that you don't rip big chunks out of the 3d target.
I am taking them with me on a hunt to Hungary and perhaps I get lucky on a stag or a Russian boar with them.

@ Markus:
Congratulations to your first dealer in N. America. I think that we too deserve your well crafted (almost to nice to shoot) broad heads.

Smile when hunting,
Michael
Smile when hunting !

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2004, 06:52:00 AM »
Mooseman ,
exactly scared to screw on an arrow because i know i will want to shoot it    :D  .
good luck on the hunt in Hungary let us know how you make out --- herb

Hello Darlin'

Offline Elk Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 06:37:00 PM »
are there any 210 grain in stock????
Das 60" 65#
Border Blk Douglas 62#
New Border  hex 5 limbs 76#
Habu Death adder 64" 64#
ACS CX 29" at 70#

And a yes a Compound just 1

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2007, 01:07:00 PM »
If Herb doesn't have any, check out Git-r-done archery in the sponsor list. Dennis has them right now.
Terry

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2007, 08:35:00 PM »
I just got some 150gr.Silverflames from Vince at  www.germankineticsusa.com.  He just got a new shipment in a couple of weeks ago. You might want to check with him.

Bill

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2007, 02:48:00 PM »
i have all weights in stock-- herb

Hello Darlin'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©