Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Hunting Bison  (Read 1289 times)

Offline High Plains bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Hunting Bison
« on: July 22, 2005, 03:51:00 PM »
OK, I'm a fairly new trad bowhunter.  I want to know about hunting bison.  They are kind of my ultimate hunt.  If you have hunted them before did you hunt them on private or public land?  Have you done both?  Do you have a preferance?  What are some good things to know?  I would appreciate any advice you all might have thanks.

Matt  :D

Offline waterone

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting Bison
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 08:05:00 PM »
Matt:

Not trying to be short about it, but have you tried the Search feature?

I was rereading some old posts the other night and was amazed that there were appartenly some concepts on posts that i had read several years ago were "newly discovered", at least by me.

It's just that there is a literal wealth of information that has been posted and even though I am sure that your question will be ansewered by someone with lots of info - looking at the older posts are really helpful, at least to me.

Chuck

Offline High Plains bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »
Thanks Chuck I will make sure and check.

Offline wasapt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 02:01:00 PM »
Your best free ranging bison hunts are in BC.Look up Pink Mountain. I'm looking to go again
If you are interested  in going, I'm in Lubbock.
bryce olson

Offline Mchunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »
Did a belly crawl thru the long grass, arrow in the teeth on a bachlor group of 4 rogue big boys on a ranch near Gillete Wyoming back in 96'. Rancher was quite nervous as 1st bow hunter he ever had hunt. He carried a 405 Rigby and I had to convince him not to be trigger happy.Took the #2 SCI Bison (at the time) with one shot from my knees at 15 paces just as they caught my wind and started to bolt.  Double lung shot & he didn't go far.The Whole ranch was amazed as they scoffed at bowman back then.I've hunted all over the world, but that bison Hunt is one of my most memorable. Damn big animals!!!A must do for any bowhunter.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©