Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Need help with Pedernal Bowhunting ranch..any info appreciated  (Read 1339 times)

Offline bearslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
Need help with Pedernal Bowhunting ranch..any info appreciated
« on: December 06, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »
Hi all.  I am looking to book a hunt at Pedernal it seems.  The only ranch he has available is the 800 acre (non-high fenced) ranch.  Others that have bowhunted there how many hogs and javelina did you see?  Did you have many shot/stalk opportunities?  Just please leave me info and stories on hunting this certain 800 acre ranch and how the hunt was conducted.  Thank you.

Offline Bacote Kid

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need help with Pedernal Bowhunting ranch..any info appreciated
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 12:29:00 PM »
Never hunted with Jerry myself but everyone that I know that has hunted with him has been more that pleased. All of South Texas is loaded with hogs and Javi's...You will normally hunt Sendero's. Most of the places in South Texas the brush is too thick to walk thru much less stalk. Howevere you will find patches here and there to stalk thru. If it's dry when you go, and there is a severe drought now, find the water and you'll find the hogs. Study anatomy on Texasboars.com. You can't shoot em the same way you shoot a whitetail. That'll get you into a world of trouble and there ain't many trees to climb in South Texas...
Bob Lee Heavy Weight. Burled Bubinga/Black Micarta 55# @ 28". 58"

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »
check out  www.texasbowhunter.com  they have a thread that rates the day lease and I think pedernal is reviewd there. I have only heard good things about them and plan to make it there myself one year.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Bacote Kid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 12:52:00 AM »
Mint I think ol bear slayer drops in with us on TBH ever now and then. You're right. Jerry will take care of ya. Mint feel free to join us. We welcome everybody, ya ain't gotta be from Texas. My name over there is Ragin Redneck. I didn't want to use that name on this forum, figured I'd scare everybody off. That name in Texas is kinda of scary as a teddy bear...Ya know, as many rednecks we have...  "[redneck]"

Offline bearslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 05:41:00 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Forgot I have this posted on here.  Found out plenty of info on Jerry, just decided to go with someone else.  Got on the same ranch jerry runs through though.  Rodriguez Ranch.  Sounds like a great ranch.  Can't wait to get down there.  Bacote Kid thanks for all you rhelp on texasbowhunter.  I really appreciate it.

Offline Bacote Kid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »
No problem bud. Try to kill about 389 of them hogs if ya can.   :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©