Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Wild boar tusk sharpness! Flat tire!  (Read 1204 times)

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
Wild boar tusk sharpness! Flat tire!
« on: February 26, 2006, 08:51:00 PM »
My buddy was trying to get a wild boar he had caught(weighing aprox 275), from his stock trailer to a holding pen. Well... the hog had other ideas! He managed to get enough of his head out to secure his freedom. He was out and running in seconds. He chased my buddy around the stock trailer. On the way past the rear tire he gave it a slash with his tusk. He gashed the side wall of the tire a good 4"! Flattened the tire in seconds! Luckily my buddy had left the passenger door open on his pick up and he made it inside just in time. He hit the door trying to get to him!  I wish I had a pic of this tire. I can't even imagine what the same impact would have done to human flesh!!!! Be careful!
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011,
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanistan.
NRA Life Member.

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wild boar tusk sharpness! Flat tire!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 01:50:00 PM »
Good story Razor,

When I was in Europe hunting wild boars on foot, I always wore thick elk leather pants.

Regards,
F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Numitokayo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 02:47:00 PM »
Hello F-Manny,

Got to watch the tusks, nasty things if they get too close to ya.

Here is a pic of a bowhunt Sylvie and I went on.  We are the last two to the right of the pic.

Have a great day!   :)

Dan and Sylvie

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline so tx pighunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »
I know of four different people who hjave had to spend time in the hospital due to hog cuts and maulings. There are some folks who think that hogs are fat, cowardly, lazy and not much of dangerous game but I believe that when a boar or even a sow reaches maturity and is at its full size it has VERY few predators and can be very dangerous to animal or human. Coyotes bobcats and even lions catch and take young and juveniles but most will not mess with the larger mature ones. Aside from the animals aforementioned there arent any other major predators here where I am at. This is taking nothing away from the predator animals that are listed but I mean that there are no bears or other big carnivores to threaten the big hawgs. Man is the only one round here who seems to like to walk the edge with them and time and again has been sliced from a to z by the brush grizzly. Having seen what they can and will do to human flesh all that I can say is that they have MY respect whether I am goin after them with stick and string or hound and knife.
All the best to you.
STP

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©