Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: hunting fort stewart hogs  (Read 6217 times)

Offline ky_longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: hunting fort stewart hogs
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2006, 09:13:00 PM »
i would love to say yes- but ill have to check the dates first-
Kevin what are the days you have planned?
if your not living on the edge,your taking up too much room!!
MEMBER-K.T.B.A.

Offline Kevin Lawler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2006, 09:21:00 PM »
First full week of June is best for me. I'd like to take my brother and that's the best week for him.

Offline BillyBobHowdieVern

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2006, 08:34:00 AM »
i will have to check also trucking will probably be going full blast by then but i might squeze in a few days. do we have to have a sponsor at stewart like you do at bening?

john

Offline Marvin M.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »
Hey Doug,

I might be interested in going down from KY also.  Lets get the dates and see if it will work.  Be willing to drive or split expenses.

Marvin

Offline ky_longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »
Marvin- sounds great to me------
Doug
MEMBER-K.T.B.A.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2006, 07:20:00 PM »
Guy`s you don`t need a sponser to hunt here. You must have a hunters saftey card.Out of state programs will work but you must have proof you completed a course somewhere.
   I had planned a full week of camping last week but my pa in law had to be rushed in for surgery so I did not make it.
   I hunted one day and saw sign all over and got within fifteen yards on 9 hogs before a knotty little pig walked up and blew the deal when he almost put his nose to my boot.
  I would be more than happy to show you guy`s around some when you come down .PS bring a fishing reel cause the fishing is great. RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2006, 12:34:00 PM »
rc,
when are you planning on going again i would like to go if at all possible

john

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2006, 08:50:00 PM »
John, hog hunting is closed during Turkey season so I won`t be going until late May. You are welcome to go. RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2006, 07:49:00 AM »
sounds good shoot me a pm or e-mail me at [email protected] and we can work out the details

john

Offline Kevin Lawler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2006, 02:31:00 PM »
Anybody going to be there June 4-9 or there abouts?

Offline ky_longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2006, 03:21:00 AM »
Kevin-
there are a few of us planning a feb.  07 trip-
let me know how youre hunt goes-
MEMBER-K.T.B.A.

Offline Kevin Lawler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2006, 09:38:00 PM »
Sure thing.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2006, 09:58:00 PM »
anyone been hunting hogs latley if so how was it

Offline Kevin Lawler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2006, 09:55:00 AM »
I went down second week in June. Didn't get any and only saw two. I saw them from the road in B4 (restricted). They were huge. I mostly hunted B8 and once in A16. I stayed there because that was convenient to where I was staying in Holbrook Campground and I had seen sign there and hunted there before. I hope to go back next year around the same time armed with the info I get each time I go. My son (10yo) hindered me this time but the main reason I go is for him. I think we will be on them the next time I go. Here's some pics of our hunt.

This is our humble abode for the week.

It had all the creature comforts including Playstation and Winnie the Pooh sheets (mom wouldn’t let him take his good Mossy Oak sheets.

Here’s a beautiful corn snake that Josh spied beside our site. He walked to the woods to grab a stick to sort the charcoal and pointed and said “da da da da corn snake!” I said “How did you know that was a corn snake?” He replied “the Discovery Channel”

Here’s a wallow that I found 2 years ago. It was hit every night. We could never catch them in it and probably hunted it too much. (I hadn't planned on bowhunting until Josh tagged one, hence the rifle.)        

A cool pic in the swamp. I don’t know what kind of trees these were (cypress?) but they were big.

How profound. We were rummaging through some ammo dumps that were exposed by some erosion and Josh found this cool spear point in an area near a couple of .50 cal projectiles.

Since Gopher Tortoises are protected in FL I figured we wouldn’t see many. We saw three the whole trip and this one was within 300 yards of another we found.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2006, 08:42:00 PM »
cool pics man thats a nice corn snake. nice point also i guess with work going wide open right now i will be going in feb. and try to hook up with the other trad gangers

Offline ky_longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2006, 11:33:00 PM »
Kevin-
nice pics-
looks like y'all had a great time-
and youre son will never forget the time you guys had together-
i assume that wasnt a primitve camping area-
im heading that way in Feb. 07
MEMBER-K.T.B.A.

Offline Hogtamer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2006, 02:13:00 PM »
You guys ain't gettin' it done around Ft. Stewart...coming back from the coast on Tuesday on I-16 I saw 2 shoats about 80 lbs. rootin' along the expressway, about 300 yds east of the Highway 17 exit.  Hey Snakewood, get to work baby!

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »
Kevin,

Nice pics. Those are definitely cypress trees...cool, aren't they? Gotta love those gopher tortoise...I think its neat how they share their winter dens with rattlesnakes.

Listen, I spent a good many years hunting at Ft Stewart- those aren't ammo dumps...those are more likely spent rounds..many of which have dummy heads on them that are not spent yet...meaning you can be digging around on those tank tables, as they call them, and get your foot or hand blown off by a "fake" round that is buried up in the dirt, but not exploded.

You may have been seeing something else but they always warned us around the B areas to be careful, as that was where most of the live fire excercises are being carried out.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline bishs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »
I will be hunting pigs in the surounding WMA near fort stewart in February. Clayhole, Penholoway, Altamaha and Griffon Ridge. I will be camping at Griffon Ridge. How far away is Fort Stewart? Can anyone tell me how the hog hunting in these WMA's compares to Stewart? Thanks..

Offline ky_longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »
bishs-
there will be 5 or 6 of us hunting Ft.Stewart starting the first weekend in Feb.07
it will be our first time there-
planning on learning alot about the place and maybe getting lucky !
MEMBER-K.T.B.A.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©