3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: quiver mounts on t/d recurve  (Read 333 times)

Offline skidmark

• Trad Bowhunter
quiver mounts on t/d recurve
« on: November 28, 2007, 12:44:00 PM »
I have a question regarding the limb bolt bushings on my Bob Lee t/d. When I insert the bushing into the quiver bracket, only a portion, about 1/16", protrudes through into the limb. On it's own the bushing is aout half way into the limb, basically I am losing 1/4" of the sleeve. Does this sound ok or should the sleeve go deeper for safe use? Thanks, Dave

Offline Goose

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: quiver mounts on t/d recurve
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »
Dave,
I've read your post six times, and still not completely sure what is up.  But... it sounds like you are trying to put the quiver bracket between the limb and riser.  The quiver bracket goes on top of the limb, or on the outside, not between them, or at least I have never seen one that does.  With that said, there is sometimes an issue with the length of the bolt that screws into the bushing that holds the limb on.  Make sure it is long enough to hold the limbs.
If I didn't completely understand your question, I'm sorry.
Good luck.
Goose
Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 01:41:00 PM »
Dave if I understand you that is correct the Q.D. mount goes under bushing on top of limb and uses a longer bolt about 1/4"if it is a Great Northern. I have two Bob Lees and both have that quiver been using it for 5-6 years and work great.If you use a tree stand and hang the bow I use a plastic hook that comes on a pair of gloves between the quiver top and limb on the rod.The hooks have a hole that slips on the rod and with a screw in hook easy to hang bow with an arrow nocked.Kip

Offline skidmark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »
Goose;To clarify, the mount does go between the bushing and the limb,not the limb and riser, which in turn shortens the sleeve on the bushing. Thus, the bushing does not penetrate the limb as deep (perhaps 1/16"). My concern is possible limb damage from the bushing not seated deep enough in the limb.KIP the longer bolt I have, the quiver is not qd, bow must be unstrung for removal. I appreciate your input, sorry for the confusion.   Thanks guys......Dave

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©