Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: 2006 Gator Permits! Got one?  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Yance

• Trad Bowhunter
2006 Gator Permits! Got one?
« on: June 15, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »
I got Orange Lake 9/05 - 9/12. Anyone else?
Yes I am a Pirate, 300 years to late, cannons don't thunder there's nothing to plunder...

Offline GameMaster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2006 Gator Permits! Got one?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 04:15:00 PM »
The first week is the best, your chance at a bigger gator is best then. They tend to get spooky after the hunting starts. How much is the permit now, I went a while ago and was wondering if the price has gone up? Shane

Offline Christopher Horsman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 10:32:00 PM »
I`m very disappointed with the way the tags were handled this year. It seems to me that because you could buy extra tags before you had used the first ones, some people must have been buyin` lots of tags at once (guides maybe) Kinda pe`s me off that greed has come to this too. I hunt every year with my Dad, it`s the only hunting we do together, and he was unable to get a tag before the FWC computer crashed at the tax office we were at and when it came back up there was no tags available except 4 in the pan handle.
Seems to me that FWC are more concerned about selling out their tags than people getting a fair chance to buy tags. Last year there was a lot of tags left over that we could not buy after buying our initial tag. The original system of using the same selection method as the quota hunts seemed a lot fairer and less caotic to me. I`m sorry if I droned on a bit but I`m still a upset about it.
BTW I got the Kissimme river. Kinda takes the shine of it though.
All I want on my headstone is:-
He was a good Daddy.

Offline Yance

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »
I agree with that brother. I got the lake I wanted, but had to take the last week. It would have been better to make people use their tags they had before they could buy more. I thought that sounded crazy from the start. Perhaps there is someone we can make this suggestion to?
Yes I am a Pirate, 300 years to late, cannons don't thunder there's nothing to plunder...

Offline Christopher Horsman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »
Another thing that has come up today is that a couple of people I know who bought tags last year were not even in the system. Needless to say that caused a lot of problems.
I sometimes attend the FWC meetings and will be voicing my displeasure at the next one I attend. Please join me.
All I want on my headstone is:-
He was a good Daddy.

Offline GameMaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »
It sounds like you guys have some issues like we do in Wisconsin. Our big one is baiting deer on whether to band it. It alwys seems to come down to how much money is to be made on what ever permit is made up. Good luck!

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 09:27:00 PM »
Chris, I concur.  They went from having plenty of tags last year to selling four thousand tags in five hours.  Are the tags transferrable?  Can they be sold for a profit?  That was my first thought.  

I was actually going to pursue a license this year, but didn't because I didn't realize the rush that would take place.  Maybe next year.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Sewer Rat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 07:07:00 AM »
I am with you Chris.... tried like heck to get one this year, but couldnt (I hate dial-up)... went to dinner with The Cracker, came back home and they were sold out!?!?!??!?

I even put a bid on an 18ft aluminium boat, just for gator hunting... well that n stingray n talapia n duck...
"Even the most highly skilled practitioners of this most difficult art come out of the woods empty handed far more often then not".. E. Donnall Thomas

yeah, thats the ticket.. I'm highly skilled.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©