3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hogs  (Read 338 times)

Offline Keith361

• Trad Bowhunter
Hogs
« on: November 28, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »
Hoping you guys on the east coast might be able to help me out with this one.
I'm trying to find someplace in the Virginia/surrounding states area that I would be able to take my 17 year old son on a hog hunt with me. I don't really want to go to a ranch if I can get away with it, but it wouldn't be out of the question.
I might be able to swing Texas, got some relatives down there, just considering driving back and keeping meat fresh.
I've always wanted to hunt hogs, just never had the opportunity to.
This would be a very special hunt for me, as my son, 17 years old, has never really expressed an interest in hunting, but loves shooting in the backyard or at the range with me.
Besides that, you guys (Curtis especially) are killing me with all the pictures of the hogs and Javelina you're taking.
Thanks in advance guys.

Keith
"If there must be trouble then let it be in my day, that my children may live in peace."   Thomas Paine
"Courage is being scared to death, but saddeling up anyway"
John Wayne

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hogs
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »
Keith,

Texas is the place!! Sounds like you got it figured out already. There are spots east of Texas but your best bet is you know where.Texas has the Havies (javelina) which no hog hunt is complete without. As for hauling meat I do it every year 32hrs ta home from Texas. Meats always fine deboned and on ice in cooler. Call Curtis for the ultimate hog hunt! Get yourself and your son in one of those pictures.
hunt it

Offline killinstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 06:23:00 AM »
Contact the game departments for North and South Carolina. Fine hog hunting in the coastal areas and then there's the fishing too. Take bug dope though.
lll

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 06:49:00 AM »
South Texas is great and is a required hunting experience. That said, you could also head down to Florida which would be a closer drive for you.

Offline allanburden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 07:24:00 AM »
Keith, there's some public land in the northwest corner of SC with pretty good hog hunting.  If you want I can give ya some directions, both are fairly easy to get to off the interstate, however getting to where the hogs are is quite a walk in the mountains.  Well worth it though.
"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." Ernest Hemingway

Offline Keith361

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 08:31:00 AM »
Thanks all. Looks like I might be making a trip to Texas then...Can't wait!
"If there must be trouble then let it be in my day, that my children may live in peace."   Thomas Paine
"Courage is being scared to death, but saddeling up anyway"
John Wayne

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 09:05:00 AM »
I will second getting in touch with Curtis, we are headed to Odessa with him on Tuesday for a week of chasing pigs and whatever else. I've hunted with him before and he really goes all out to make sure your on game.
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©