3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: funniest,strangest things seen in the woods  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Bill Shepard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: funniest,strangest things seen in the woods
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »
When I was fresh out of college I took a job working at an electronics factory, as a technician.  Being the low man on the totem pole I was elected to work the opening weekend of duck season.  That didn't make me very happy, but I needed the OT to make ends meet.  

Late in the afternoon, I was working by myself in the back lot of the plant.  At the edge of the parking lot was a large field with a pond on the far side.  I could hear some ducks coming in toward the field from over the top of the building.  Just to satisfy my need to go hunting, I put my arms up like I was holding my shotgun and led the lead mallard until he was in range, then I said, "Bang".  Much to my surprise, that duck immediately flipped end over end and augered into the field.  

Not believing what I just saw, I looked back and saw the power line swinging back and forth.  That duck must have hit that line at about 40 mph.  I got my first duck of the season without firing a shot.  

And for just a second I had thought I'd developed an intense psychic ability.
"...But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »
A couple of summers ago I was hiking in the woods after a big time wind storm.  I was mainly out to see if any of the trees that I place stands in each fall had been taken down by the storm.  Only 1 was hurt and it was a big ole triple trunk ash tree.  One of the trunks had peeled down like a banana skin and the other 2 trunks of the tree were okay.  As I walked around the tree to survey the damage, here was a red fox laying dead, crushed by the trunk that had been blown over.

Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Otto

Offline Auzoutdoor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »
I have seen lots of weird things done bu animals in the bush and this is one of the things that make it so much fun but this is one of the strangest things I have found miles from anywhere.It was a chess set that the rain had uncovered.You never know what you might find.
Cheers KIM

Australian Outdoor and Archery

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©