INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Timberwolf Broadhead  (Read 3187 times)

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Timberwolf Broadhead
« on: April 30, 2003, 07:37:00 PM »
Anyone have a Timberwolf broadhead by the late Glen Parker. That was one stout broadhead.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Timberwolf Broadhead
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 08:38:00 PM »
Charlie;you want one that looks like this?

:bigsmyl:

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 08:45:00 PM »
More to the story, the Timber wolf  was in fact a reincarnated Simmons Interceptor. This is the first Interceptor that Jerry Simmons built. He then sold the dies to Glen Parker. Glen had Bill Sweetland make him the ferrules for the Timber Wolf. There are 2 other versions of the Timberwolf that Glen build before he died, a 4 blade version and  a barbed model. I have  a box of the Timberwolf/Sweetland ferrules.

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2003, 09:01:00 PM »
Ron.... That looks like the one I have! Kinda like a huge Bear Razorhead. What was the weight of that one. Around 170-190 as I recall.

I guess it's the others I didn't know about.

Years ago at a P&Y convention, Glenn and I harassed John Zwickey to reintroduce the Black Diamond Barbed head.   :D  He wasn't buying into the idea. I could have had a handfull of the pictured heads at the time if I'd wanted them. Glenn was a super guy. Miss him.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2003, 09:56:00 PM »
Here's the Barbed Timberwolf. This was just put on the ABCC master list in the past year.  

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2003, 10:12:00 PM »
What does ABCC master list mean?

That timber wolf looks mean...plumb mad dawg mean.

It also looks like the metal is very thick and durable......what weight is it?
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2003, 04:22:00 AM »
T....ABCC is the American Broadhead Collectors Club. (right Ron?) Their master list is a listing of every American Broadhead ever manufactured and it'll sure open your eyes. Real cool stuff!!
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2003, 09:21:00 PM »
Terry;
The barbed Timberwolf is 165 gr 2 1/4 long x 1 3/8
  the barbless one is 215 gr.
I have intentions of doing a write up about the ABCC in the Tradional Club forum. I probably should have done that first.
I will drop a post here when I do that.

Charlie,
    thanks for answering Terry's question.
Tonto;
   Do you know which Bear Razorhead you used in your display? There are 5 of the greenies, not counting the Giant Bear.
  :D

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2003, 09:01:00 PM »
Charlie, let me know if you dont find one , I have a few extra ones I could bring to you in IL. if I come back to hunt this fall .

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2003, 11:09:00 PM »
Thanks Ted..... I'll look forward to it.  :thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline tonto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2003, 07:05:00 AM »
Ron
 I have 4 different types of the lime green bear heads. I have only one of the bubblehead type "56"? I have a few of the open "59"? then the next not sure of the year "60"? but they are slightly closed up type. Then the final parabolic vent wich I thought was "63-64"? type the ones in the tray came in that tray.they are the "60"? type. I also have the two different bleeder blade packs. I even have a bleeder or two with the hole in it. Im Not sure what year is what on them. ill put the stuff in a picture and post ii if anyone wants.  Picked up a set of instructions a little bit ago. Could use a secound tray ,made a plastic cover. I also have some of the dark green razorheads Year ?
 I use the stainless supers if you get a pack of early ones they are super sharp and sharpen very easy. Used them in Africa and was very pleased.
 Do you collect any field points? I have a box I bought for the bleeders in it and some of them are unique looking.
Dean

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2003, 10:26:00 PM »
Tonto;
 You had the heads identified correctly. here's the photo.
I forgot to put the bleaders in the photo. The bleeder with the hole was in the 1956. It was available in carbon or stainless.
I do collect field points, blunts, homemade, and fish points. If it goes on either end of an arrow I'll collect it!Yes, that means I also have some nocks.  

Hey, finally learned(remembered) how to size these pics right!

Offline tonto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2003, 06:03:00 AM »
ron
 email your address and ill pick through those old field points and send them to you. might have another thing or two.
Dean

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2003, 10:29:00 PM »
I may have to change my statement above as to when Bear used the inserts with a hole. The material I have said it was used in 1956 only. However I just received  seven 1960 heads today and a couple of them were mint. They had the insert with the hole.  
 :knothead:

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2003, 10:34:00 PM »
Charlie,
Did you need a Timberwolf?
I have a 2 blade model as a trader. I will take a Hinged Fang or a Small Ropers for it,or I may even settle for a Game Tamer!
 :scared:

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2003, 11:02:00 PM »
I have one already Ron and only one Roper. Wouldn't mind having a Game Tamer myself! Years ago I hunted with some boys up in Canada that had them on their arrows. Wish I'd have gotten a couple then.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2003, 11:22:00 PM »
Ron,
I was visiting with WC and he said the "Holie" one was correct up thru the 59, but the "Un-Holie one" was also correct for the 59, he had no idea on when the SS and Blue changed. If you are needen more 60's let me know I have a few. Some un shot ones on original arrows, but not much for a set.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2003, 09:15:00 AM »
"I have a 2 blade model as a trader. I will take a Hinged Fang or a Small Ropers for it, or I may even settle for a Game Tamer!"

Tee hee.  Glad I found you in your innocent youth.  All I have is this old tie-on metal head, filed from a wagon wheel rim, with a tiny inscription that says "To my dear friend Alfred Kroeber, my only metal head!  Love, Ishi"

Charlie P.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©