INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Recurve ages and worth  (Read 1786 times)

Offline wooddux

• Trad Bowhunter
Recurve ages and worth
« on: May 26, 2003, 05:21:00 PM »
I recently came into possesion of 3 bows Id like some info on, ( theyre all for sale on here by the way) 1st is a Bear Super Mag 48 zebra wood 52#@28" SN# 8X2976.  2nd is a Bear Grizzly 58" 48#@28 SN# 5P3556 3rd is a Ben Pearson Signature T/D with case and BP quiver. 45#@28" SN#159936 Any help yall can give is greatly appr. Im new at this so I need alot of help. All are in excellent shape and great shooters  :confused:

Offline tonto

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Recurve ages and worth
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2003, 08:17:00 PM »
Why do you say the supermag is zebra wood? The serial # makes me think its a 1968 but it should be almost black and heavy for its size. The grizzly sounds like a 1965 by the lenght and serial # it should be zebra wood with brown glass.
prices on bears are not as high as they were and varie alot by year and model.
Dean

Offline wooddux

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2003, 09:21:00 PM »
The supermag is black with white tips and white and black handle, the grizzly is tan limbs and riser with a dark brown, belly...the person I got the bows from callewd the supermag a zebra wood bow, maybe Im wrong but I have pics available if you can distiguish the actual wood and lamination

Offline tonto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 06:57:00 AM »
wooddux
 If you email me pics I can tell you what they are. The super mag could be the "micarta" handle one. Its laminated linen I believe. if it is ,its a 1968. The grizzly sounds like a 1965 and it should be zebra wood. Both bows are nice bows what are you asking for the super mag?
Dean

Offline wooddux

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2003, 06:29:00 PM »
Tonto, you have mail

Offline tonto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2003, 07:32:00 AM »
woodux sent one back think I forgot to put a subject on it let me know if you dont get it.
Dean

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2003, 09:57:00 PM »
Tonto, you might want to consider keeping that Grizzly.  That design Griz is a very nice shooting bow.  I have a '67, same bow in bubinga, that is great.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2003, 02:10:00 PM »
Im saw a bear take down with green riser prob 52 inch or 56 inch ...what year did they make that recurve Bear.....please ...if ya know ty mark
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2003, 09:58:00 PM »
Mark;
Was it a wood or metal handle Bear? A Kodiak or the Minuteman/Bearcat/Hunter TD?
I will assume that you are talking about the Magnesium Kodiak TD. The shortest they made them was 56".
They were made in Grayling from 1970 to 1978 when the factory was moved to Gainsville.
  :wavey:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©