INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Hoping for info  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Cindy

• Trad Bowhunter
Hoping for info
« on: June 11, 2003, 06:25:00 PM »
Hello,  Found this site today and hope someone here can give me some information on an old longbow.

Its a bamboo bow three lams, the back is the outer part of the bamboo.  Center lam is fairly thick, with a thin lam on the belly.  

We aren't sure what the handle section wood is, I think maple, but I could be wrong (often times I am)  The grip section is oblong but rounded, wrapped with strips of slick leather three-quarter inch width.  

On the back of the bow above the handle riser is a logo "sticker" which says 'Malibu' and below it says 'Cougar' with the head of a cougar.  The number that is stamped below is '63'.  That is all that is on the bow anywhere.

We have had the bow since the early 80's, can't even remember how it became one of the collection.  

Ted read somewhere in an old archery magazine that there was a big shipment of these bows from overseas came into California and the shipment was bought by someone there and sold them here in the U.S.  He thinks the magazine was an old NFAA Archery magazine, but isn't sure about that either.  That just sticks in his mind.  

If I knew how to post a picture, or even if this site is able to post a picture, I would send one.

I hope someone here is in the same age bracket that we are, Ted has been in archery for going on 60 years now.  As for me its been about 50, so we would be considered oldtimers.  

Thank you for any help you can give, and feel free to email personally.
Cindy Kramer

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hoping for info
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 05:20:00 PM »
hi Cindy, I'm assuming Kramer is from the Howard Hill Longbow co...I would bring the bow to Denton Hills Eastern Rendezvous in Pennslyvania or the Lonbow Safari which sometimes is held in Alberta Canada. Someone should have some idea who might have made the bow. Wow...'63...I was 11 yrs old then. Try giving Glenn St Charles a call. He has quite a musuem and from years back. He may just point you in the right direction.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©