INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Galaxy bows- Ceres  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Galaxy bows- Ceres
« on: June 26, 2003, 09:50:00 PM »
Do any of you knowlegeable folk know anything about Galaxy bows? My friend came up with a "Ceres" model, looks like late fifties or early sixties manufacture, if you can go by the countertop-formica-looking lam on the belly!

He was using this 15 pound bow to let him shoot while his shoulder heals, and it developed the beginning of a horizontal stress fracture on the back of the upper limb. This is accompanied by a whitening in the pea-soup-green back, about 1 3/8" above the first blemish. This looks like the end for the poor thing.  :wavey:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Archery_Collector

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Galaxy bows- Ceres
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 08:23:00 AM »
I have one of their bows, it also has a goudy counter top formica belly, the shape is nearly identicle to a Cravotta Bros Balckhawk Mosquito model. I know very little about it. I will look at mine when I get home to see if I can see anything else.
Shooting recurves before recurves were cool

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Galaxy bows- Ceres
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2003, 08:44:00 PM »
Maybe this can be an option if it appears that the is a glue void(glass seperatd from lam)......drill a very small hole through the glass only. Use very thin (warmed) epoxy or super glue injected into the hole with a syringe. Flex the limb by hand while doing this to work the glue under the glass. Then cover with wax paper and clamp with a piece of wood betwwen the clamp and paper. Not too tight or the glue can pushed out.
Good luck!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©