INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Florida TBOF shoot collector meet?  (Read 1496 times)

Offline Archery_Collector

• Trad Bowhunter
Florida TBOF shoot collector meet?
« on: July 15, 2003, 07:36:00 AM »
I'm  thinking about going to the Traditional Bowhunters of Florida (TBOF) shoot in Ocala on Aug 1-3 with my collection. Would any other collectors want to attend? I know its short notice.  http://www.tbof.org/shoot_fall.html

Tim
 http://www.neoreality.com/archery/collect.htm
Shooting recurves before recurves were cool

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Florida TBOF shoot collector meet?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 09:42:00 PM »
Hi Tim;
That almost sounds like an invite. Do I get to fly first class if you're buying plane tickets?
  :bigsmyl:
Sounds like fun , but that is a looonnnnggg way from Colorado!
Enjoy!!!
  :thumbsup:

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 02:10:00 PM »
First class, yea, thats the ticket (literally!) lol. I'd love to have anyone showup. In the past this was always a good shoot with lots of traditional and collecting stuff. About 350 people shoot. About 5 years ago, when I last went, there were several dealers selling old recurves. I will bring a few to sell too but mainly I want to show my stuff and meet people.

I've been wanting to start a thread on this, maybe I will, but the archery collecting comunity needs to have a rendevouz/gathering. Even more so we need to form into a national organization, much like the ABCC has. I have even wondered if the ABCC would expand for all archery collectables, maybe their experience could do this. There are 1000s of collecters out there that would unite, a club and a gathering would do well I believe.

What do you think everyone?

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2003, 06:54:00 PM »
Tim,
Most ABCC members I know, at least casually collect just about anything related to archery, Bows, Leather goods, printed material etc etc. I visited with one the other day who doesn't even have any heads, he collects bow fishing stuff.
The ABCC is not just for head collectors. Maybe we should change our name to AACC?
Ken
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2003, 08:27:00 PM »
The subject has been brought up to the ABCC several times to expand the club to cover all collecting. However it still stands as the American Broadhead Collectors Club. Yes, many if not all members collect everything associated with archery. By joining the club you have access to collectors world wide. We also meet once a year as a club at different locations across the U.S. Several of the members have smaller localized meetings at shoots.  When we have a booth here in Colorado you will find broadheads, field points, fish heads, old bows, old arrows, books, magazines, flight shooting stuff, taper tools, belt buckles, patches, club pins, etc, etc.
  :wavey:

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2003, 11:47:00 PM »
I enjoyed looking at the collection this past weekend...especialy the bows.  Dina
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2003, 07:34:00 AM »
Thanks Dina. Letting people enjoy what I have and being able to talk about them makes it all worth it. I think most people enjoyed it but it sure was a lot of work! Thanks again

Tim

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©