INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: OLD BEAR ITEMS  (Read 1249 times)

Offline STIKZ

• Trad Bowhunter
OLD BEAR ITEMS
« on: August 10, 2003, 11:23:00 PM »
I NEED SOME HELP GUYS, IVE BEEN AT THIS TRADITIONAL THING JUST LONG ENUFF TO GET HOOKED.IVE GOT A COUPLE OF ITEMS THAT I NEED AN OPINION ON. AN OLD BEAR RECURVE QUIVER,WITH FIBERGLASS HOOD, STILL IN BOX,GRAYLING MICH.ALSO A BEAR ARCHERY PROPANE CAMP LANTERN ,NEW IN THE BOX,NEVER USED . I FOUND THESE AT A YARD SALE,IM THINKING THE LANTERN IS MAYBE LATE 60s OR EARLY 70s , THE QUIVER IS MAYBE LATE 50s OR EARLY 60s. ARE THEY WORTH ANYTHING?

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: OLD BEAR ITEMS
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 07:04:00 AM »
The old quivers are quite common, If it is an 8 arrow with the spring arms top and bottom, 35-40. If it has the clip on the bottom for the bolt, a little less. If it is the 4 arrow with a spring clip on top in the box probably 50+ The stove is a lot less common, but also doesn't fit directly on a bow, That would be any body's guess, but I certainly wouldn't let it go for less than 25, and it could be a lot more, on the right day
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline Snakeeater

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: OLD BEAR ITEMS
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 10:40:00 PM »
I would do some research on the lantern.  Bear probably had someone make it for them, most likely Coleman.  It wouldn't be the kind of thing that they were geared up to make.  I would think that it would be worth at least $100 or more just because of the rarity of it.  Of course, like all things that you auction off or try to sell, the secret is in getting the right audience for what you are selling.  Camping collectors might be a better market for the lantern or those who collect stuff from whoever actually made the lantern.
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©