INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Red Wing Hunter WOW  (Read 2344 times)

Offline Armand

• Trad Bowhunter
Red Wing Hunter WOW
« on: September 02, 2003, 10:12:00 PM »
Wow just recieved my Red Wing from a Ebay deal these are some kind of sweet any body suggest a starting point for brace height i've got it about 8"

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Red Wing Hunter WOW
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 01:09:00 PM »
Is your red Wing Hunter an original Bob Lee, an AMF, or a Head Ski model?  Is it Bubinga, Rosewood, or shedua?
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Armand

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 05:42:00 PM »
I'm not really sure this is the first one i've purchased all it says on it is Red Wing Hunter Wing Archery Co. RW #3116 I bought it not knowing what i was going to do with it but it cleaned up nice most of the scratches buffed out the guy just emailed me with a Damon Howatt Coronado 50# at 28" for $54 that someone had bought and never contacted him so i bought it never owned a Damon Howatt maybe you couldtell me something about them I have mostly bought old Bears but its kind of fun to diversifie and try new bows i own two customs but its fun to shoot the old stuff......Armand

Offline WingNuts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2003, 05:57:00 PM »
Hi--
  If your serial number says RW-, it is a 1965-1968 Red Wing Hunter. Bubinga riser. Does it have a gold and green writing sticker on it? If so, she is a early 1965. I could go on and on. It might be better if you tell me excately what is on the bow. Maybe I can help you with the age of it.  Thanks
   Bob   aka-WingNus
Stupid Hurts

Offline WingNuts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2003, 08:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by WingNuts:
Hi--
  If your serial number says RW-, it is a 1965-1968 Red Wing Hunter. Bubinga riser. Does it have a gold and green writing sticker on it? If so, she is a early 1965. I could go on and on. It might be better if you tell me excately what is on the bow. Maybe I can help you with the age of it.  Thanks
   Bob   aka-WingNus
Stupid Hurts

Offline Armand

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 09:25:00 AM »
will look and get back t you ....Armand

Offline Armand

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2003, 05:31:00 PM »
it has the green and gold sticker serial #3116 all it says on the sticker is red win hunter wing archery co. the top one says wing archery co. when did wing archery co start

Offline WingNuts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2003, 07:38:00 PM »
Hi--
  Wing archery started in about 1953. Bob Lee has a long history of building good bows. I am lucky enough to own a rosewood Pll takedown. I had it all redone by the one and only, BowDoc, from Seattle. If I knew how to post a few pictures of her, I would.
  With the green and gold sticker-I will date her in the year of '65. I have one too. I hope I have answered some of your questions. If you have any more, please feel free.
    Bob     aka-WingNuts
Stupid Hurts

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©