INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Need a Hoyt Expert  (Read 1189 times)

Offline ToddinBR

• Trad Bowhunter
Need a Hoyt Expert
« on: September 14, 2003, 07:36:00 PM »
I have a Hoyt Longbow I am trying to get info on.
Itis a R/D longbow on the side it reads 66 5826 39#.
66 being length, 39# weigth, and I assume 5826 is a serial number?  On the belly above the rest is the Hoyt sticker with the Bullseye for the letter O. Below that is another sticker but is worn and hard to read. I believe it says "CHARY II", but I cant be certain. Black Fiberglass on back, and Red fiberglass on the belly, with a light colored wood riser. The bow has a wrapped leathewr handle on it.
I hope I have gave enough info to Identify this bow. I would really like to find out when it was built, were the alot of these made, if they made this bow in a hunting weight, and where can I get one in a hunting weight.

Thanks In advance,

Todd in BR

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need a Hoyt Expert
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 07:28:00 AM »
It is probably a champ II. Was built in the early 50s and were made in hunting weights I have a left hand one that shoots great. 50# @ 28" that was built in 1953  :wavey:
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline ToddinBR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need a Hoyt Expert
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 10:30:00 AM »
Thanks Jerry! After looking at it again I believe your right. Now I have to find a right handed one.

ToddinBR

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©