INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: old recurves  (Read 1445 times)

Offline timbow

• Trad Bowhunter
old recurves
« on: October 26, 2003, 11:43:00 AM »
picked up a recurve last weekend at a yardsale Ben Pearson 41#@ 28" for $8 and a Freebie at the Farm Auction this weekend....45# @ 28" Ben Pearson this one was wrapped in old camo Tape.....who's the best and least harmful way to remove old glue left by the tape??????i tried a little mineral spirts but no help......also...site where to look up about BeN Person Bows..to get there date of manuf>>>.thanks  :bigsmyl:

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: old recurves
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 09:11:00 PM »
Hi;
Here's the site for the Pearson info.
 http://www.angelfire.com/la2/pearsonbow/
I have used lighter fluid. If that doesn't work then use acetone on a rag. That old glue comes off pretty hard so you will have to work on it for awhile.
Good luck, wish I could find bows like that!
  :thumbsup:

Offline Waterhole-Ike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 02:56:00 PM »
Go Buy a Product called "Goo Gone" don't use aceatone as it will take the factory finish off.
"I Live With Fear And Danger Every Day But, Occasionally I Leave Her And Go Hunting!"

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2003, 09:25:00 AM »
I have used acetone to remove CAMO paint successfully without removing the factory finish
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline John

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2003, 06:41:00 AM »
I have used Goo Gone many times.  Thus far it has not altered the surface on anything I have used it on.  Does a good job at removing glue.  If the glue is dried, may have to let it soak and then wipe it off.  Can get it at Wally World
John

It is the user that makes it dangerous, not the gun, bow, or knife.

Offline STIKZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2003, 10:05:00 PM »
w-d 40 seems to work pretty well but i have never used it on a bow , can't see any problem though.  :confused:    :wavey:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©