INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bear Archery Broadhead File?  (Read 1492 times)

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear Archery Broadhead File?
« on: January 29, 2004, 08:41:00 PM »
I was wondering what the approximate value of a Bear broadhead file would be. About a 6" fine cut file with a yellow plastic handle with "BEAR" molded in. It appears new with leather belt sheath. Just wondering how collectible this might be, or what it's worth. Thanks, CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Archery Broadhead File?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 09:12:00 PM »
I think this  is a slightly newer model of this file as I remember them having a rust/brown colored handle. There are collectors that need these files to complete the knife/file/stone sets.
As stated in a previous thread on this forum there will not be value or pricing placed here.
If you want to sell it please place an ad in the classifieds, if it means something to you then keep it and treasure it as a piece of the past that our present was built upon.
  :wavey:

Offline Woodduck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 11:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by raghorn:

As stated in a previous thread on this forum there will not be value or pricing placed here.
   :wavey:  
Where are the rules, for here? I don't want to be argumentative but what's the harm in asking what something worth?  :confused:
Happy trails....   ('till we meet again, Dale Evans Rogers)
>>>--a kindred spirit--->     (got that from Fred Anderson)

North Carolina Bowhunters Association

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 11:01:00 AM »
I sincerly apologize to the TradGang admin. and collectors here. I am new to this site and didn't realize this type of post was not welcome. I really just wondered what the item was worth, since I don't really collect (other than the gear I use). It certainly wasn't my intention to take advantage of anyone. Once again, I'm sorry. CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004, 09:45:00 PM »
ckruse;
I have been thinking about this thread for several days now.
First I would like to say that it is very difficult for me to get words on paper to say what I feel. I have written and rewritten this several times now and I sincerly hope it comes out right.

I overreacted to your inquiry about the  Bear file.

I apologize to you ckruse.

You were not wrong in posting your inquiry, I am sure that you were asking a question that meant a lot to you and I jumped in too quick.

Wooduck brought up the question of rules and why is it wrong to ask about the value of an item. He also brought up  a thread from the past where I had responded with a dollar amount on a bow.
There aren't any rules beyond respect.
I stepped out of that area.
People change and so does their thinking. Giving this lots of  thought I  have  a personal preferance that this forum  should not  become a place where prices are sought.It should be a place where the history and educational benefits of the past can be discussed. That is not a rule, just my thoughts.However I don't know how these discussions can take place without money coming into play from time to time.
Lets continue this forum with enjoyment and with an interest to learn about the sports history.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 11:20:00 PM »
Ron, no problem at all.   :)  As stated I'm new here and didn't want to step on any toes. This is an awesome site with great info, and I see a bright future for it. Especially with caring folks such as yourself watching over this segment. I just wanted to say no hard feelings at all. I look forward to corresponding in the future. CKruse

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 12:33:00 PM »
I feel the need to "respectfully disagree" with RAGHORN on this issue.  I am relatively new to the board, and my main interest is collecting recurves.  I like this section because it gives collectors a venue to share and trade information.   To limit or decline the discussion about values of collectible equipment  seems to neuter the effectiveness of what we have here.  Where else can someone turn for answers or advice about traditional equipment, if they want to.  MR. RAGHORN, you are the thread administrator and I humbly bow to your authority here.  These are just my thoughts, and I hope we can have these kinds of dicussions in the future.  Keep up the good work
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »
I guess I see both sides of it. Too many times I have seen people rush to an Internet site in an attempt to find out the value of their find. Not for the purpose of understanding what they have, but how much money they can make from it. I would just as soon that this sight did not become an appraisal for hire sight. If that is your reason, check completed auctions on eBay on like items.
I know too that when you do come across a special deal, you really want to understand what you have. In that respect a place to come and discuss these things is a special place.
I can attest to the fact that Cameron was not attempting to see how much money he could make, off his file, rather trying to find an appropriate place for it to go, where it can be appreciated.
So, how can we accomplish a proper exchange of information without it becoming commercial?
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©