INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Harry Drake recurve  (Read 1321 times)

Offline goathead

• Trad Bowhunter
Harry Drake recurve
« on: February 17, 2004, 02:57:00 AM »
Hello to all,
I have a Drake Hunter-flite recurve 47# @ 28", 54" long. Very nice bow. Does anyone know where I can get information on the bow and the man. I found some limited information by web search on Harry but I can not find pictures or specs on his bows, ie: manufacture dates, models, years produced. I can't even find one offered for sale anywhere. Thanks for any input.
Goathead

Offline Matt E

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Harry Drake recurve
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 07:57:00 AM »
Harry Drake made some of the best bows you could buy. He also holds several records or did at one time.I think it was mostly in flight shooting.I am really not sure. He made the Browning line of bows and this might be a good place to start. Browning should have some information for you.
Take care all.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Harry Drake recurve
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 12:52:00 PM »
I agree with MATT.  Harry Drake was one of the best bow makers of his time.  Any of his bows are real collectors items.  He was best known for his Flight Shooting Records, of which I think some still stand.  I may be wrong on that.  He was an individual bow maker until he went to work for Browning, designing their line of recurves.  He is a legend in traditional archery right up there with Fred Bear and Ben Pearson.  You seldom see his bows on eBAY, but when you do they usuall bring in good money
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©