INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: cub  (Read 1299 times)

Offline kytba.com

• Trad Bowhunter
cub
« on: February 18, 2004, 08:29:00 AM »
can anyone date a old bear cub for me? 62in 55@28 patent applied for, no shelf ser# c- 11931. bow is in good condition but the upper limb is out of tiller by about 1/2 in. is this common and is it a real problem. the guy want a 100$ bucks for it.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: cub
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 12:32:00 PM »
I cannot date it but I can tell you it is pre 1965 when they first started using the year as the first digit.  Attached is a listing of Cubs that sold on ebay.  

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?GetResult&category1=20835&st=0&srchdesc=y&lotr=3&from=R10&query=bear+cub&catref=C3&completedonly=1

As you will see the only one that broke the $100.00 marks was a 1963 DOGLEG.  I real collector year.

In my opinion that is the only cub worth $100.00.

But then, that is my opinion.  Check out ebay and see if you can find one that looks close to the one in question.  See what is is going for.  There is not "right Price" on any old recurve.  They are worth what someone will pay, No more - No less.  Hope that helps
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline kytba.com

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »
thanks jack, i was thinking it was pre 53 since the sticker says, patent applied for.i'm not sure. i dont know much about the older bears.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 11:53:00 AM »
Like you, I am not big on the really older bear bows.  If it is a pre-53, it may be worth $100.00 for its collectors value.  The best authority I know of on old bear bows is Tom Taylor.  You can reach him at [email protected].  He may be able t oanswer your question
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©