INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Need Help Identifying  (Read 1265 times)

Offline String Tracker

• Trad Bowhunter
Need Help Identifying
« on: February 29, 2004, 12:11:00 PM »
:help:  I need some help in identifying this bow. It has no marking other then the basic bow info. No stamping of who makes it or anything to give me an idea how old ithe bow is.  I was down to Ron Russels place a couple weeks ago and I found out it was a 2 piece bow.... totally by accident. The bow fell apart in his hands and we both looked at each other like "oh *%&# !!! "  Needless to say it was a priceless moment. I will take any and all shout outs about anything with this bow. And Yes Ive gotten the talk about "do you really want to shoot a 72# for targets all the time".  Its a wall hanger but I'd love to know more about it.

Thanks in advance
Brian Parton

Offline String Tracker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need Help Identifying
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »
Might help if I send a link to the pics   :smileystooges:    :bigsmyl:  

Webshots 72# bow  

Brian Parton

Offline tonto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 05:48:00 AM »
Ben Pearson. My brother has the same bow. I has a small decal of Ben Pearsons signature on his. There is a web sight on Pearsons if you do a search it should help you find the year.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »
YUP

BEN PEARSON
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Waterhole-Ike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 06:40:00 PM »
The Ben Pearson web site is  http://archeryarchives.com/
This site also covers alot of the older bows. Your bow is rare because of the weight. It was probably a special order. Hope this helps.
"I Live With Fear And Danger Every Day But, Occasionally I Leave Her And Go Hunting!"

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 07:49:00 PM »
Dave had the correct web site however you will need to look in the Pearson catalogs which are listed by year. This bow should be 1956.
I rebuild one of these for a friend and it had no markings when he got it. It was wel in the 60#+++ range. We never put it on a scale as it was to be a wall hanger, but I did shoot it. Great shooting bow, it's got me wanting to find one for myself but in the 50-55# area.Would be a good bow for Mt Lion hunts, just toss the bow and some arrows in a backquiver and boogie!
  :wavey:

Offline String Tracker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 12:20:00 PM »
Pretty close Ron, its a 1957 found the catalog number in there. Wow.. maybe I will contact this guy and let Him know that one of these are still out there. It needs a little repair but I was convinced that I really dont need to shoot a 72# for targets.

Thanks Everyone
Brian Parton

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©