INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: The Mastery of Don Ward - the BowDoc. My Bear Tamerlane returns....  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Andy Prisco

• Trad Bowhunter
In a word, "absolutelyunbelievable"!!!   ;)

I gave my 67' Tamerlane to Don Ward of Seattle some months ago for a restoration job.  The bow was already in great shape, but because it's my primary shooter, I wanted it to look showroom new if he could do it.  

I visited Don's shop when dropping the bow off and was astonished at collection of personal and customer Bear recurves on the premises.  My Tamerlane proudly took its place among several others in line, way before it.  

Well today, it arrived....it was as if Bear/Grayling shipped the bow to me directly in a time machine...snow white glass, brilliant Brazilian Rosewood, and a mirror polished Bear coin emblem.  The original silk-screens were left intact...it's amazing that he sands around them to preserve the original markings.  Don's gold leaf inking job was superb.

I cannot recommend anyone more desirable to work with on a bow restoration than Don Ward.  He accommodated every e-mail and did me many favors along the way...and wanted nothing in return.  He is an incredibly genuine and generous business man and his prices are MORE than fair.

Thank you Don!!!

I will try to upload some pics of the bow if folks are interested in same.

Thank you.

Offline bowhawk archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Mastery of Don Ward - the BowDoc. My Bear Tamerlane returns....
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 09:55:00 AM »
Bowdoc is a class act.  He refinished my 1960 Bear Kodiak, and it came back looking sweet. I also bought a 1957 Kodiak off of Don, and it is a great shooter, although it hangs on my trophy wall most of the time. If any one is thinking about getting a bow refinished, Bowdoc is the man.

---------------------------------------------------MAY YOUR ARROW DRINK DEEP OF THE WHITE-TAIL!

Offline tonto

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Mastery of Don Ward - the BowDoc. My Bear Tamerlane returns....
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »
Bowdoc has done a compass kodiak and a 63 kodiak for me. id rather have a bow redone by him than factory original.
 If you went to his house is it true he drives a volkswagon van with flowers and a peace sign on it?
  :confused:    :D    ;)  Dean

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©