3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kentucky Coffee Bean for backing?  (Read 874 times)

Offline dosbow56

• Trad Bowhunter
Kentucky Coffee Bean for backing?
« on: January 28, 2007, 02:48:00 PM »
Has anyone used this as a backing or for a bow? Just wondering how that worked out for ya. It seems to have some of the same characteristics of Hickory.
Dave
"We watch our arrows fly. We watch our friends' arrows fly. We can't wait 'til the next one flies. It's as though we were watching through a child's eyes the same marvelous magic trick over and over."
Dean Torges "Hunting the Osage Bow"

Offline dosbow56

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kentucky Coffee Bean for backing?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »
Nobody's ever used any? Not really up for being the ginnaue pig.........
"We watch our arrows fly. We watch our friends' arrows fly. We can't wait 'til the next one flies. It's as though we were watching through a child's eyes the same marvelous magic trick over and over."

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »
Dave, I think Ralph Renfro might know something about that wood, but I have been wrong before.  :D
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline Ralph Renfro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 08:35:00 PM »
Yeppir, I've made bows of KCT. In fact, I'll have some staves at OJAM in March. Makes a good shooting bow. Build it like you would a whitewood bow.
Building Bows Is Only Half The Fun, The Other Half Is Passing That Knowledge On!

Offline BigMedicine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 09:23:00 PM »
Look at the Bear's Paw website.  Neil Jacobsen had a take-down on there a few weeks ago with Kentucky Coffee Bean limbs.  Here's the only pic on the website with Kentucky coffee bean now, but you might e-mail him for a pic of the limbs.

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."  from Walden- Henry David Thoreau

Offline dosbow56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 10:19:00 PM »
Thanks guys, I'm thinking more of using it for a KCTO.....gonna try a different type of splice with that as a backing.
Dave

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©