3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone own a HideHandler Quiver?  (Read 543 times)

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone own a HideHandler Quiver?
« on: November 29, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »
Was surfing the web for back quivers and came across Hide Handlers leather work site and was curious if anyone owns any of the quivers?  Curious on the quality and how much the qill contour to your body.

I fell in love with the hill style quiver!

Heres a link...

http://www.hidehandler.com/back_quivers.htm

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone own a HideHandler Quiver?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 06:50:00 AM »
I have one of Steven's Mountain Hunter quivers and it is fantastic! He is currently makeing my son and I backquivers out of zebra hide from a zebra I took few years back. I also have a back quiver made from a Red Panda hide that I provided to Steven. The quility of Steven's work is outstanding and he is a great guy to deal with. He's busy so if it is not in stock you might have a bit of a wait.
hunt it

Online paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 07:16:00 AM »
I have a Super Stalker made of elkhide...I can practically run with that thing on my back with no arrow rattle...it's my main hunting quiver.

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 08:01:00 AM »
thanks ya'll!

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 09:09:00 AM »
I have one. Tell Steve exactly what you are looking for and he'll custom it to meet your needs. I had to wait a bit for this fellow to be caught since I needed a 25.5" deep quiver, also custom are initial tooling, 2" fleece lined strap. The inner leather is soft and contours very effectively.

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 10:20:00 AM »
I have two of them. One I had Steve custom make. Excellent work.

Is it too late to be what I could have been?

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »
Have one of his "Nottingham" back quivers and couldn't be happier with the quality of material and workmanship...this thing will last forever.Plan on talking to Mr. Catts about a hip quiver soon.

Offline 58WINTERS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »
I have two, a back and a sidekick. The website doesn't do the craftsmanship and quality justice and Steven has great customer service. You will not be disappointed.

Offline brent d.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 07:28:00 PM »
couldnt agree more. highest quality.
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Online highcountry

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »
I have a Nottingham and one of his new camo/leather back quivers.  They are great!  I really like the larger of the two. Easy to drop arrows in and remove.  I purchased it from a archer in England.  The camo I got from Steve.  Like it so much got a second one for my brother.  The extra strap keeps it from swaying when ducking under branches. I have a bunch of quivers but just use those two. Steve knows what he is doing.

Offline Ron B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 12:27:00 AM »
I have three quivers from Steve. One made from a coyote, one made from a "Cross Fox" and a hip quiver. I am designing a back quiver now that I will have him make. First rate quality, you will not be disappointed.

Ron

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 12:08:00 AM »
One more question here...not so much on steves quiver but more so on on back quivers in general.

Was wondering what size quiver would be an all purpose quiver?

I do alot fo 3D shooting and sometimes bring alot of arrows b/c I mean I dont miss or anything ya know LOL.  But when i only have a 1/2 to a dozen or so I dont know if there will be to much space in the large hill.

Im torn between the medium and the large.  

FYI I will be fletching my new arrows with either 4 fletch or 5 1/2 in high backs if that helps.  Will be carrying woodies and aluminums.

I was leaning more towards the larger one b/c of ther arrows I will be carrying.

Ya'lls opinion?

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 06:58:00 AM »
I know this isn't going to answer your questions and I'm sorry about that but you will have to decide what kind of back quiver works for you and what you want it to do for you.  I like a medium size quiver for general 3D shoots and roving the back yard with judos.  I also like a quiver that is soft and kinda floppy so it contours to my back and keeps the arrow from rattling so much (this really helps when you are putting the stalk on a tree rat).  I'm not sure the size of your fletch will make a lot of difference in the size decision as those ends of your arrows won't be inside the quiver.

I have a friend I shoot with that like a hard tubed quiver the is rather large.  Think 6" PVC pipe with a strap on it.  He says that since he can't see the quiver opening behind his back he just has to get them close and drop and usually the arrow fall into the quiver.

I started making quivers of all kinds and it really isn't hard to make a functional quiver.  The hard part is making it really pretty.  And you most likely have all the tools you need to make a functional quiver, razor knife, 2 penny nail and a scrap board for poking holes in the leather with the nail.  There are several good build alongs on the How-to and build along  forums here.
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Offline LEOPARD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »
Bobco, that is one sweet quiver!
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »
As a "regular customer" of Steve's, I must agree with everything said above.  His quality and craftsmanship is unbeatable--his stuff is just plain bomb-proof and will outlast me!
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©