INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bear Tigercat  (Read 1068 times)

Offline douglass

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear Tigercat
« on: May 20, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »
Need info on a Bear "Tigercat" Has a silver coloured medallion and is 53#@28" AMO 62" It has a serial number of 8NXXXX. It has the Grayling Michigan US Pat. A friend bought it for 100.00 and thinks he paid too much. It is in almost new shape. D
"Every third American devotes himself to improving and uplifting his fellow-citizen, usually by force." -H.L. Mencken

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Tigercat
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 02:54:00 PM »
What kind of info do you need.  I may be able to help some, or reffer you to who can
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 03:13:00 PM »
I bought a 38# Tigercat in a pawn shop for  $20.00.  Don't let that throw you because I got a G R E A T deal on that one.  One of my better finds.  Depending on what year, and what wood is in the Riser, it very well is probably worth $100.00.  Your serial number says 1968, so that is a plus.  53# is uncommon in a Tigercat, so that is another plus.  They are great shooters (+#3).  

As a shooter, or hunting bow, I would think he got his monies worth.  As a collectible, it would depend on the condition.  If it is in average condition, and not beat all to heck, I would say he did ok.

A good guide is to go to eBAY and see what is up for auction.  You can also go to "Compleated Items" and see what they have finished at.  i ams sure that some went over $100.00 and some did not.

I know one collector that is hot after a '68 Tigercat if it has a Shedua riser.  I think bear made them in three different years that year, and he needs a Shedua riser to round out his collection.

Tell your Buddy that if it is worth $100.00 to him, than he did OK, and not to worry about what someone else thinks of it.  

Traditional Bowhunter magazine this month has an article called "Part Two of the GREYLING BEARS"  It gives a good history on the tigercats, and is very complementary about them.. He should pick up a copy.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Waterhole-Ike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 01:12:00 AM »
Tigercats were introduced in 1964. They were advertised a an all around bow for either target shooting or hunting. They were 62 inches in length from 64 through 69. In 1970 they redesigned the bow and shortened it to 58 inches. It looked identical to a Grizzly, except it had nicer wood (African Bubinga.) The Tigercat was dropped from the line in 1978. Your friends bow was made in 1968. At 53# and 62" it should be a very smooth shooting bow. The bow is worth every bit of $100.00 especially if it's in "New" condition.
"I Live With Fear And Danger Every Day But, Occasionally I Leave Her And Go Hunting!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©