INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Hoyt Pro Medalist  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Richard Lange

• Trad Bowhunter
Hoyt Pro Medalist
« on: June 06, 2004, 03:30:00 PM »
I bought two Hoyt Pro Medalist with the Brazilian Rosewood Risers. Both are 69in long,one is marked5pm1625 40#@27 the name on the riser done in gold lettering done at the factory is Roy Rex Rogers does anyone know this person? The second bow is 5pm1177 41#@28 both are in excellant condition. The only down side both each have 2 screw holec on front of riser for a site and the decals on both are just about gone. I'd entertain offers if interested if not I;ll take them to Denton Hill in July. I can be reached at [email protected]. I don't have the capability to take pictures but if not satisfied I will refund purchase price less shipping.

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hoyt Pro Medalist
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 11:15:00 PM »
It's possible that this is THE Roy Rogers( King Of the Cowboys) as he did like to shoot a bow.
I just can't remember his middle name. Perhaps do a Google search for Roy Rogers and see want you find.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hoyt Pro Medalist
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 08:03:00 AM »
If Ron is right, and those are actually ROY ROGERS bows, I would not even think about selling them if you have any collecting interest at all.  If you do sell them.  Get a bundle for them.  If hoyt has any record keeping like Black Widow does, you should be able to call them with the serial numbers and find out who they were sold to.  

I Verified a Black Widow X99 with the name "GENE THORPE" on it as having been sold to JANSSENS ARCHERY SHOP in New Orleans.  That is where we all got our bows in the '60's.  With that confirmation, I bought the bow as a keepsake in memory of an old departed friend.

Do your homework, it is worth the effort.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©