INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Old broadhead value?...Help  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Rooster

• Trad Bowhunter
Old broadhead value?...Help
« on: July 08, 2004, 10:18:00 PM »
My hunting pard gave me 4 Howard Hill by Ben Pearson broadheads today. They are somewhat tarnished from age but in very good overall shape. His wish is to trade or sell them if they have any value. We are both just countryboy bowhunters and know nothing of collector value if any. I wouldn't know to ask 10 cents or 10,000. Any help would be appreciated.

Brief description is: Glue on ferrule that appears to be alum. alloy attached to a long swept wing Hill type blade of carbon steel. One side marked "Howard Hill" other side marked "by Ben Pearson" Didn't weigh one but would guess 125grs.
Thanks and God bless,
Bob

Offline SCATTERSHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Old broadhead value?...Help
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 11:22:00 PM »
Check with Ron brunges. He posts here occasionally as Raghorn. He's a broadhead collector, and can help you.
Gene
"Experience is a series of non - fatal mistakes."

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 11:42:00 PM »
Rooster;
This picture is the 5/16" version. I can't show you a picture of the 11/32" because I don't have one. The 11/32 ferrulle is shorter than the blade tips. Or the blades extend back past the end of the ferrule. I really hope that the heads you have are the 11/32"!!!!

Thanks for the support Gene!
  :bigsmyl:

Offline Rooster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 06:50:00 AM »
Yes, they are 11/32. The ferrule is shorter than the blades by about the same amount that the 5/16 ferrule is longer in your picture. Also checked one on a 11/32 shaft....good fit.

Bob

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©