INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bear 76er  (Read 1302 times)

Offline boatman

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear 76er
« on: August 02, 2004, 12:56:00 PM »
Hi,

I just purchased a bear 76er off of ebay,

Was this bow much of a shooter? I mainly bought it to shoot fish with, but will more than likely sling some wood also.

THX,
Pat
Still learning.......

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear 76er
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 04:54:00 PM »
The style of the 76er was made in several different versions by Bear.  The 76er, the Minute Man, and several other names.  It was  a less expensisive production of the takedowns that allowed Bear to concentrate more on their emmerging compound designs.  I had a Minute Man and used it for bowfishing.  It is a great bow in that application.  That bow should work just fine for you.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Snakeeater

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear 76er
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »
boatman,

The Bear 76er is a good little bow.  It will do fine for bowfishing and lots of folks started out with it as their first hunting bow, me included.

The 76er had solid fiberglass limbs in either red, white, blue, or brown (for the heavyweight limbs, 45-50#).  Even with solid glass limbs it will throw an arrow at a decent speed. If you can get the heavyweight limbs it can make a nice backup bow.  Or, you could find someone to make some solid glass or laminated limbs for you at the weight you want.  They are a really simple design so it shouldn't be too hard.

The Minuteman was essentially the same metal riser but with wood and glass laminated limbs to give you more speed.  I have both and like them both.
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©