INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Need value of Bear bow  (Read 975 times)

Offline Hnter

• Trad Bowhunter
Need value of Bear bow
« on: June 11, 2005, 03:47:00 PM »
It's a take down recurve with what appears to be a metal grip.
Says on it:
Bear Archery, Greyling Michigan
US PATs2842113, D-204,065/3,415,241
Canada-1970
Also has decals/stickers on limbs saying: "BEAR 76'er HEAVY WGT 64"
CUSTOM 58" 50#???
Please reply to:
[email protected]

Thanks,
Hnter
NRA,NAHC,Wyoming State Shooting Ass'n,Blue Ribbon Coalition,A Mason, JFPO, RKBA,GOA.
Founder:Wyoming Off Road Vehicle Ass'n.
Director-Hunting/Conservation, WSSA. The Wyoming NRA
Fair public access to all public lands

Offline dachba

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need value of Bear bow
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 06:17:00 AM »
If it has the rubber grip, labels, good limbs and looks good otherwise, you can probably get from $60 to $99 on ebay.  I recently got $99 for one of mine.  An average condition bow will probably bring $49 to $69 assuming it is a heavier weight like yours is.  The lower weights don't seem to bring as much money.
Dave in Ft. Collins,CO
Dave from North Bend, Oregon

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need value of Bear bow
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 10:07:00 AM »
HNTR

I will echo what 4nolz said and add a bit.  In the '70's Bear Arcehry started to concentrate on them new fangled bows with all the cables, pullys, and wheels.  With this in mind they brought out the '76er style bows and eased away from the Custom Kodiak Takedowns, both wood and Magnesium risers.  It was a sad day because in my opinion, that was the beginning of the drop in Bear quality.  In the '60's and early '70's, Bear Arcehry was "TOP DOG".  There were a couple of sell outs to Victor Comptometer Co, and then to Kidde Co.  The Corporate mentality took over instead of the old Bear Archery philosophy.

There were several editions of bows like the '76er to include the "Minuteman" and a few others.  These were a lot cheaper to produce, but did not have the quality of the old style takedowns.  These bows are shootable, and they do have their place,  Like 4nolz said, good bowfishing rigs.  IF you are just getting into Traditional Archery, it is a good place to start.  Shoot it a while until you settle on a bow that you want for the future.  If it is your first recurve, don't ever sell it.  Keep it as a keepsake of what got you started in one of the greatest sports in the world.  TRADITIONAL ARCHERY

Welcome to the sport.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©