INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Mystery Bow- What is it ?  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Flinttim

• Trad Bowhunter
Mystery Bow- What is it ?
« on: July 17, 2005, 05:39:00 PM »
Got this on the trade blanket at the ITBA shoot Saturday night.

Anyone maybe hazard a guess ? No decals, they are gone. Just the length of the bow and the weight written in the 'glass along with two serial type numbers. 50# target bow of some nature.Decent enough shooter. Remnants of a feather rest on it and a hard striker plate of some sort, all being mounted on a piece of anodized aluminum it seems and that glued to the bow. A rug shelf has been likely added at a later time. Just curious about what it is or might be. I figure enough of you guys have seen about every bow made at one time or another that maybe it rings a bell.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Bob Barnes

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Mystery Bow- What is it ?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 06:09:00 PM »
I'm not old enough to know about the bow (ha ha) but wanted to say I missed ya at mojam Tim...hope you make it next year.
Bob
"Hello, My name is Bob and I'm a BowAholic"

Offline Waterhole-Ike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 04:08:00 PM »
Fasco made a bow real similar to yours as did York
"I Live With Fear And Danger Every Day But, Occasionally I Leave Her And Go Hunting!"

Offline dachba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 05:59:00 PM »
I know this isn't all that funny, but I have one that looks very similiar. A bit different wood in the riser, white limbs and limb tips the same as yours.  The funny thing is, the booger doesn't have any labels on it (ust like yours). I think our bows were made by the "No Name Bow Company". The bows shoot OK but probably don't have much value.

I'm  going to put mine on Ebay.  When I got it, it had a pretty good sight on it so someone probably used it for target shooting.
Dave in Ft. Collins, CO
Dave from North Bend, Oregon

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 07:24:00 PM »
Take the outer woodoff the back of the bow and I see a Hoyt pro hunter.  Since Hoyt's design for the Pro Medalist included adding wood like that on the back and the belly, I would say there is a good chance that it is an early model Pro Hunter,

If so, I would say it is a collector item.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Flinttim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 08:39:00 AM »
I took some better pics, hoping that would help. The way the info is marked on the bow may be the best clue to who made it. It seems unusual to me.

Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©