INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Howatt "Del Rey"  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Bill Strickland

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Howatt "Del Rey"
« on: August 17, 2005, 02:18:00 PM »
A friend asked me to find out any info on a bow that was given to him by his older brother.  It's in very good condition considering probable age.  It is marked:  The Howatt co.
                       "Del Rey"
                      38#@28"    70"
                        Eleo
                         115-5
   Any info on age, approximate value, etc. would be appreciated.  I cannot seem to find a site that would give me this info.  Somewhere I read that the longest Del Rey was only 69" , and this on is clearly marked 70".  I couldn't find much additional info.
   You can either PM me, or e-mail to: [email protected]

Thanks all
Bill
"The older I get, the better I was."
JD Berry Morning Star 66" & 50#@27"
David Miller Old Tom 66" & 52#@28"
BigHorn RamHunter 64" & 56#@28"
JD Berry Serpentine 62" & 56#@28"

Offline Waterhole-Ike

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Howatt "Del Rey"
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 09:49:00 PM »
The following is from “Archery World” June/July 1972
Howatt Announces 1972 Line
“Finer than ever,” that’s the word from Damon Howatt Archery officals on their new line of bows for 1972. The first new bows to be revealed are the “Del Rey” and “Monterey” models. The top of the line will remain the classical “Del Rey” a superb target bow. The laminated rosewood handle has been entirely restyled. The “Del Rey” will be offered in 66” and 70” lengths. It will be fitted with a stabilizer insert, adjustable pressure point, and pre-routed for the Howatt Micro-Sight. Standard with the “Del Rey” is the heavily padded black vinal carrying case. The 1972 “Monterey” reveals a complete re-design of the laminated Shedua handle and is an upgraded model from previous years. The new “Monterey” will be offered in 66” and 69” lengths for the first time. Stabilizer will be standard.  Del Rey $160.00
"I Live With Fear And Danger Every Day But, Occasionally I Leave Her And Go Hunting!"

Offline Bill Strickland

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 10:29:00 PM »
Dave,
   Thanks for the info on the Del Rey.  They really are pretty bows.  Do you know of a web site where I can read more about this bow?

Thanks again!
Take care and shoot straight
Bill
"The older I get, the better I was."
JD Berry Morning Star 66" & 50#@27"
David Miller Old Tom 66" & 52#@28"
BigHorn RamHunter 64" & 56#@28"
JD Berry Serpentine 62" & 56#@28"

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 03:18:00 PM »
Bill

Martin bought out Howatt years ago.  They still archive the old Howatt records.  Chances are your friend could contact Martin Customer service, and with a little questioning come up with all the info they have on that bow.  I did it with a PALOMAR.

Give them a call at Phone: 509-529-2554, or go to  www.martinarchery.com

They were a great help to me.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©