INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: old T/D Black Widow Recurve Bow  (Read 1647 times)

Offline timbow

• Trad Bowhunter
old T/D Black Widow Recurve Bow
« on: September 22, 2005, 06:22:00 PM »
i went by a "Estate Sale" this afternoon after work, and they were going to have the Estate sale on Friday, i got the sneak preview  :eek:  ,bought 2 recurve bows a American Archery "Super Nitro", and a Camo painted T/D metal riser recurve, came home and went to work on it with a little paint remover type stuff and under the camo.....it's a Black Widow!!!!!...Wilson Bro's Mfg. Co, Springfield Mo.  :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:  what year were these bows made..........look like it will be a good shooter for sure

Offline timbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: old T/D Black Widow Recurve Bow
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 07:08:00 PM »
model 6304???????..........that's what number is on the side of the lower limb

Offline W. H. Bill Fuller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »
6304 is probably the serial number.  That number would indicate that the bow was made in 1973.  The Wilson Brothers started making the metal riser bows in June of 1971.  Hope this helps, Bill
Bow shootin' 51 years & still counting.
MT Bowhunters Assoc. Life Member

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 09:08:00 PM »
Is it the solid riser or the "A" frame skeleton riser? I think the model on the solid riser was 1200. I bought one in the late 70s. I think they were 58"

Offline Timberghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 09:17:00 PM »
You might want to go to  www.Blackwidowbows.com  and ask Roger or someone else at Black Widow if they can pinpoint the ID on that little treasure...
The toughest thing I've found about deer hunting is getting them to hold still long enough for me to stick an orange spot on them and then step off the yardage...

Offline Chortdraw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 09:27:00 PM »
Tim, Had a friehd that had one that he shot for a couple of years. Then upgraded to a newer Widow. He has it for a wall-hanging memory. Was a smooth shooting bow.........Chort

Offline timbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 11:08:00 PM »
Guys...it's the skeleton riser........it's neat looking old bow.........i have 2 of the newer ones a 1971 year model and a 1995 year model  :bigsmyl:

Offline timbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 01:57:00 PM »
i got  some of the camo paint off...and found the writing on the bow  :bigsmyl:  HF-1225 #6304
64" 48#-28"....and my draw about 30" +/-. so i should be pulling about 52#'s......right????....the brace height is about 8"........does this sound close?...thanks

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©